The Potrait of the Pala Princess (Part 1)

"You look beautiful, Pavitra", I told the slender woman who was lying on top of me, her arms wrapped around my neck like a wedding garland.

"All because of you, Rai", Pavitra smiled, flicking the gold jhumkas hanging from her ears, "not all my patrons give me such expensive gifts".

I chuckled. "I'm glad you liked them, I got them custome-made for you from the Kingdom of the Chalukyas." She gasped with shock. "Don't look so surprised, Priye, I love to keep my women happy".

"But this is too much! How will I ever repay you!", Pavitra cried.

"Who said anything about repayment? Just make sure to keep a place for me in your busy schedule, and I'll be more than happy", I winked.

"Oh, that I can do", she smirked, and began to trace circles across my stomach with a single, well-manicured finger. My skin tingled with desire, wetness pooling in my nether regions.

I moaned softly. "You know exactly how to make me weak in the knees, don't you?", I whispered, my voice a little strained.

"Of course I do. Now lay back and let me work my magic", she rasped, trailing wet kisses from the pit of my throat, to the valley of my breasts, going lower and lower until my soft moans turned into screams of pleasure.

************

After we were done with our lovemaking for the night, Pavitra kissed my forehead gently and laid down beside me. I took a few deep breaths, trying to get my heart-rate back to normal.

A few minutes passed in comfortable silence.

"I won't be visiting you for the next three months, Priye", I informed her. Seeing her face fall, I laughed. "Don't worry, I'm not moving on to a new courtesan. It's a painting assignment."

"Oh, where are you going this time?", she asked.

"The Pala kingdom. The eldest Pala princess has come of age, and the King and Queen want me to draw a few potraits of her to send to potential suitors. Apparently the Princess has refused to appear before any male artist, saying it would be an outrage to her modesty, so the Pala Queen personally sent a letter inviting me to their capital city, Somapura. I will be staying in the Head Palace itself, and I've been promised a handsome commission."

Pavitra's eyes went wide. "The Palas are very prosperous. And I've heard the eldest Princess is the most beautiful woman in the entirety of Jambudweep. No wonder she didn't want to appear before a male artist."

"Really?", I asked. I hadn't heard of that before.

"Yes. Don't chase after the princess, though, you're all mine", Pavitra warned.

I snorted. "I would love to keep my head attached firmly to my neck, thank you very much".

"When are you leaving?", she asked, smiling softly.

"Two days from now. The letter said that necessary travel arrangements have been made for me, I have no idea what that means though", I replied.

Pavitra cupped my face in her soft palms. "I will miss you so much", she pouted, "can't you just stay back?"

"I would love to, Priye, but I need money to pay your pimp Shanti Devi so that I can keep seeing you", I chuckled.

"Shanti causing Ashanti in my life", Pavitra grumbled. I giggled at the clever word-play.

I got up to get dressed. Pavitra helped me adjust my Uttariya, and I wrapped my arms around her waist.

"I will leave now, Priye. I won't be here tomorrow because I'll be busy packing and buying new painting supplies, but I promise to visit you as soon as I get back", I reassured her.

"Shubha Yatra. May you return safe and sound", she said, embracing me one last time.

"And richer", I added.

Pavitra laughed. "And richer", she repeated cheekily.

 "And richer", she repeated cheekily

     Rai (left) and Pavitra (right)

*A/n: This story is based around 8th to 9th centuries CE, Bharatvarsha. I have tried to be as accurate as possible about the historical details, please forgive me if I've made a mistake somewhere. The characters are purely fictional.*

*Image credits: Internet*