Snake in the Shadows.

Two months after the Wave Naruto was standing in the Hokage's office. Naruto's ninja life has slowed down since his last fight on the bridge, and he hasn't gone on any notable missions. He even got most of the two months off. This wasn't a normal thing for a Jonin of his caliber. Because of his strength and popularity, he was requested for most missions with high stakes.

"Naruto my boy, as I am sure you know the Chunin exams are coming to the Leaf village this year. I brought you here to ask you to proctor the third and final exam. I want to show off your authority during this time. This will help you be more well known throughout the wealthy folk of the village who don't pay attention to shinobi affairs." The Hokage explains.

Naruto nods. He was used to these types of showings. He had even been sent on many political missions ever since he became an Elite Jonin. The Old Man was grooming him to become Hokage after all.

"Is there anything I should know about being a proctor of this particular exam?" Naruto asks.

"Yes, as the proctor of the third exam you will have to prepare for a preliminary round just in case too many Genin pass the second exam." The Hokage said.

"Thank you, old man. Am I dismissed?" Naruto asks.

"Yes Naruto. I will notify you when you will be needed. For now, you have about a month and a half off."

------------------Break--------------------

Naruto walks into his house and finds Yugao in the kitchen. She had two weeks off of Anbu duties because her team just came back from a rough mission. They didn't lose anyone, but the whole team came back with injuries. They would most likely stay in the village until the Chunin exams were over.

Yugao was currently sitting over the kitchen counter rewrapping a wound on her arm. Naruto walked over to her and grabbed the wrap, "Let me do it."

Yugao smiles at him. She then turns around and sits on the counter. Naruto grabs her arm and gently starts wrapping it. "So, what did Lord Hokage want with you?" Yugao asks.

"He told me I will be proctoring the third exam of the Chunin exams this year." Naruto says casually.

"That's cool, and that means you will be in the village for a month. We can spend some alone time together." Yugao says in a suggestive voice.

"That sounds like it could be fun." Naruto says with a similar smile.

Naruto then finished wrapping her arm, and Yugao pulls him in for a kiss. When she pulls away, she leans down to his ear and whispers. "Why don't we get started on that alone time Naru." 

"That sounds like a good idea." Naruto said before he picked Yugao up bridal style and walked into their bedroom.

--------------------Break--------------------

A few weeks later.

Naruto was in a meeting with all the higher ups of the village. Apparently, there was an infiltration in the second exam of the Chunin exams, and as an Elite Jonin he was supposed to know about it.

"My old student Orochimaru infiltrated the Chunin exams and marked Sasuke Uchiha with the curse mark." Hiruzen started. "Anko the proctor of the exam pursued him, but he escaped the pursuit. This is a very worrying matter because of the intel Jiraiya has gathered. The newly formed Sound village that is rumored to be led by Orochimaru has been seen having talks with the hidden Sand, our allies. We have all but confirmed these rumors when Orochimaru and the Sand's unstable Jinchuriki show up during the Chunin exams."