Chapter 1: We Are Going To Gusu

Lonely Like A Bunny 1

@Wangjis_Cloud

1. We Are Going To Gusu

Wei Wuxian was wandering around like usual, walking behind the mountains of the Cloud Recesses. As he walked by he remembered the time he had spent here as a student a few years back, when he was just a teenager. That had been the first time he had met him. Even though their first meeting wasn't exactly the best due to him and his brother and sister forgetting their invitations to enter into the Cloud Recesses. Thanks to this he made a scene in front of Lan Wangji, the second master of the powerful Lan Clan from Gusu, who was well known for always abiding to the rules and being strict and collected at all times.

But even after all that, Wei Wuxian believed that he had managed to get quite close to Wangji during that time, and that they even had a special and deep relationship. He was firmly convinced of this that on his last day here, he went to find Wangji and confess his feelings towards him, only to make a fool of himself, earning nothing from a complicated look and a chilling silence from Wangji. With this Wei Wuxian fully understood that Wangji didn't even regard him as a friend, and felt embarrassed for trying to push his feelings into him and even wanting him to reciprocate them. It was all just in Wuxians mind, or so he thought because he the stupid Wei Wuxian was so full of himself that he wasn't able to interpret Lan Wangjis silence, failing to understand he was left at a loss for words after Wuxians sudden and straightforward confession. It wasn't that Wangji didn't share his feelings, he was just too overwhelmed to express his own feelings. But he was never given a chance either, because after that Wei Wuxian ran away in a hurry and left back to his home in Yunmeng with the Jiang Clan.

Each of them went their own way without meeting again. Now five years had passed since then and finally the chance for them to meet up presented itself again. Or more like Wei Wuxian had created this possibility.

One week ago at Lotus Pier

Wuxian was walking around as usual when he suddenly saw a boat disembarking on their port and a few disciples got off. He approached them quietly and heard them saying they had to hurry and deliver the letter. Piquing his curiosity, Wuxian followed them closely, all the way to the main hall, where uncle Jiang was. He stayed a few steps outside the entrance, making sure he was close enough to listen to the conversation going on inside.

"Sect leader," both of the disciples greeted uncle Jiang with a deep bow.

"You made it back safely." his uncle replied with a warm smile.

"We have brought back a message from Gusu for you." One of the disciples announced as he took out a white elegant envelope and offered it to Fengmian.

The older one took the envelope and took out the letter that was written with a beautiful and clean letter. He recognized it instantly, it was from Lan Qiren, Gusus Lan Clan current leader and his old time friend.

"Oh, he wants to invite me over to Gusu?" Fengmian said out loud as he read the contents of the paper he held in his hands.

When Wei Wuxian heard the word Gusu his curiosity grew even more and he tried to peek inside the main hall to get a glimpse of the situation.

"What the hell are you doing there hiding like a rat?" a voice from behind him startled him and almost made him fall down to the ground but Wei Ying managed to recover his balance just in time.

"Jiang Cheng!" He complained when he turned around and discovered the owner of the voice that almost caused him to embarrass himself in such a pathetic way. "Be quiet, I'm trying to listen here."