𝙴𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃

-𝚂𝙰𝙽𝚃𝙰𝙽𝙰'𝚂 𝙿𝙾𝚅-

"Rea?" The streetlight highlighted Reagan's features as she stood in the road. You watched as her weight shifted from one foot to another as she crossed her arms. A look of disappointment showered her face as she opened her mouth to speak.

"..." But nothing came out. You look in confusion as she continued to mouth words, as if she was ranting to you.

"I- I can't hear you, Rea." You gently grabbed her hands, caressing the left one. "What's wrong?"

She stopped for a moment, as if she finally came to a realization. She looked down at your connecting hands and met back with your eyes, this time with a wave of anger. Her brows furrowed, yanking her hands out of yours. She opened her mouth again, this time with muted shouts as if you offended her.

"I don't understand..." Your questions turned into a panic as she continued to flail her arms towards you. "Rea?! Rea, baby, what's wrong?!"

She mouthed curses at you, becoming more distraught at you not being able to understand her. The streetlights grew darker as the road around you turned into a void of black. Tears started to form in her eyes.

"Santana! Santana!" She mouthed your name in attempt to make some noise, but it seemed as though the void nulled the sound. Tears streamed from her face as she now panicked. Her eyes darted around as if she was trying to escape the darkness.

You grabbed her face, directed her eyes towards you, "Why, Rea?! Tell me! Why won't you talk to me!"

Her mouth opened one last time.

"Santana!"

You jolted as you felt a hand shake your shoulder. You opened your eyes to your mom standing beside your bed. She looked down in worry as she wiped the sweat from your forehead.

"Tana, come on wake up! You kno we gotta be at the airport by 8 right?" You checked the clocked that sat on your dresser; 𝙰𝚞𝚐𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝟹𝚛𝚍, 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟽, 𝟽:𝟷𝟸𝚊𝚖.

"Oh... my bad. I must've slept through my alarms." You sat up from your bed, finally recognizing your familiar room.

"Look like you had a nightmare. You ok, baby? You've been out of it this whole week."

"Yea, I'm good. I've just... I'm just a little nervous." You nodded. You watched as your mom frowned before giving you a hug.

"Aww, I know it's tough leaving. Especially after you just made all them new friends. But trust me Nana, that coach saw something special in you. And although it may be rocky, I see nothing but great things coming your way."

You smiled at her words of encouragement. "I hope so..."

"I know so," She smiled back finally releasing you, "Did you at least say bye to Reagan? I know you two fell off, but you should at least-"

"Enough bout Reagan mama!" You snapped hearing the name. You glanced over at her as she crossed her arms, "I'm sorry mama. I ain't mean to raise my-"

"Listen, Ion kno what you two got going on, but what I do know is that you really like her, Nana. And from what I can tell she really likes you too. Now I didn't raise nobody in this house just to give up when there's a little setback."

"Everybody not like you and Rodney, mama..." You thought back to how Rea looked at you. The anger and confusion on her face. You wish things were just a dream.

"I already tried... She don't want me."

-𝚁𝙴𝙰𝙶𝙰𝙽'𝚂 𝙿𝙾𝚅-
𝚂𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚊𝚢-𝙼𝚊𝚢 𝟸𝟽, 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟽