Chapter_7

"Well, now Big Mom will pay us attention." I stated.
"I think she had already lost her patience." Alice said.
"If she was getting angry before, now she'll be certainly furious. When she will see in what condition are Perospero and Oven, we will face death." Marta continued laughing a bit.

"And if you know her enough, you can be sure she'll start sending more of her soldiers, and more soldiers mean more generals. If we play her game, and defeat every time her little army, it will not pass much time, till she'll send one of the Sweet Commanders." I told my sisters.
"And we are doing this only because you have to meet your dear soulmate." Alice said, making fun of the awkward situation.
"NO! We are doing this because IF I don't meet Katakuri I will lose control of my powers, and that would may lead to the end of our DEAR ISLAND!  I.AM.NOT.INTERESTED.IN.MARRYING.ANYONE."
"Geez, calm down, she was just pulling your leg...why are you reacting like that?" Marta asked me.
"I'm sorry, is just that I really don't like this situation, I don't like being completely useless, and a menace to my family and island. I just want this to end, and I want also the war with Big Mom to end."
"We all want that, but now you have to calm down, everything will be fine." Marta reassured me.
"Beside that, you don't have to worry for us or the island. I know you are strong, but don't forget that your family isn't a normal one, your sisters can manage you and we won't let you destroy our island." Alice continued.

"Thanks girls. Anyway, we have to open the bakery, is almost noon."
"What if we offer all our customers -and all the people that want it- one of our giant cookies? I have made tons yesterday and baked them today, so they are fresh products." Marta proposed.
"That's a great idea we have to apologise opening late, and everyone loves our cookies." Alice agreed.

While talking we were arrived to our house and now we were re-preparing ourself for the day.
I have a bad foreboding...I want to feel powerful again...and I want this war to end. For the first "problem" I have to meet Katakuri, but in order to do this I have to anger Big Mom and this will create so many problems to my sisters and this island...and at what price? Only because this stupid dream is haunting me? Only because of a superstition? What if all of this is useless? What if all I dreamt was a trap? We don't have much information on Big Mom and her army, we don't know if one of her soldier has a power similar to mine, if she is playing with us like puppets. She isn't a normal pirate, like those who buy candy in our shop, she is an empress. She is capable to do anything...
And we are just bakers...

...

Maybe...maybe...I should do this alone, I should solve this problem by myself...is my problem, and is my responsibility to take care of it. I'm causing to many problems...
"Ehi? Earth to (Y/n)? Are you even listening to us?" Marta interrupted my thoughts.
"What? What were you saying I zoned out. Sorry." I said with an awkward smile.
"We were saying that we should give our customers a tea with the cookies." Marta continued.
"Oh...I think it's a brilliant idea."
"Marta, let's leave her in her thoughts, haven't you see her. She was clearly daydreaming of her hot sweet commander."
"Yeah, let me read her mind...yes, she was thinking «Oh, Katakuri, my Katakuri, why you weren't here? Why Big Mom sent your brother and not you. I was hoping to meet you and see if you maintain the control also in the sheets-"

"STOP! I wasn't thinking that! And you know that!"
"Yes, but now you are thinking it, and you are thinking worst things than the things I said...DAMN, (Y/n)! You are a real perv-"
I put one of my hands on her mouth before she could say anything more. I was bright red and on top of that Alice was simply laughing and enjoy the situation.
"Ahahahahah, this is the funniest sh*t I have ever seen Ahahahahahah you should see your faces ahahahahah (Y/n) y-ahah-yo-ahaha-you are red as a tomat-no red as a pepper or a poppy ahahahahah red as Shanks hair ahahahahah"
Marta started laughing with her and I could feel my face getting redder well, this is the end, my face will probably explode right now.

"Let's open the bakery, the citizens are waiting for their sweets." I said trying to change the subject of the discussion...unfortunately my sisters couldn't hear me because of their laughters.
"You better tell me what she was thinking to become this red" Alice asked Marta.
I glared at Marta "You.better.not.tell.her.anything."
"Yes sir" Marta answered me "I will tell you later, but you better be prepared she is a real freak." She continued whispering to Alice.
"I have heard you!" I said while walking into the kitchen.
Then we really started working, we had decided to put the cookies in baskets and decorating them with some ribbons.

Those two will be my death. Time passed and we were prepared to open the bakery. We had even made a poster to advertise the customers about the free cookies and tea.

...

"Goodmorning Mrs.Taketsuru, we are terrible sorry for opening late, I know how important is for you breakfast. Here is your earl grey tea and a MaryAntoniette cookies." I said to Mrs.Taketsuru, while handing her breakfast.
"No problem dear, I understand why you opened this late. I think that when the island is in danger you shouldn't open at all. 30 minutes ago you were facing up Big mom's army and now you are here working in your bakery."
"Well, this is our job, we defend our island, because this is our home."
"In this case, I would recommend you to go easy n yourself and take a pause sometime, for yourself." Mrs.Taketsuru finished the dialogue taking a sip of her tea.
I went in the back of the shop to take other cookies, while Alice served other customers and Marta prepared other teas.
The time passed by and closing time came.
So Alice and I started clean the shop, we were in total silence till Marta came from the kitchen and said.
"Didn't you notice anything strange?"
"What do you mean?" Asked Alice.
"I didn't see any pirates today, usually two or three crews come by and buy something..."
"Well, I don't see anything strange in that." I answered while mopping the floor.
"I don't know probably is just a bad feeling..."
"Don't tell me that now you have the protagonist's bad feelings!" I said.
"What! I am not the protagonist, and much less got their bad feelings!"
"Okok, whatever you say."

"If you two want to talk more I won't stop you, but please let me go to bed, I am exhausted." Alice stated.
"Me too" Marta said.
"Count me in."
"So, good night and sweet dreams:"
"(Y/n) remember to use your powers to control your dreams." Marta said to me.
"Yeah, yeah, thank you for remembering me it."
"Night.

And another long night started.

_____________________________________________________________________
Hi, I'm terribly sorry for not posting this chapter earlier, but I had some tests 😅 (and I didn't really like writing this chapter)
I will try posting the other chapters without being late.
I hope you liked this chapter, if so let me know with a like or a comment.
If you have any ideas for the story, please let me know in the comments.
BYE <3, see you in the other chapter!