Chapter 4

Chapter 4

I felt like literal crap. There were no other words. My head was pounding and I felt paralyzed with fatigue. I felt like I'm moving through water and everything takes more energy. I knew I would have to go to school on Monday. But I'm glad to have Thursday and Friday off, even if I spent them in the hospital. I didn't want to see anyones face besides Hannah's. I despise the ignorant people who think it's funny, and the pitied looks I'd get. I hated myself. I hated myself for having a grand mal seizure at school. I hated myself for having to live like this. I wanted more than anything to trade lives with anyone, or not live this life at all. Though, I can't imagine forcing this curse on anyone else. I had been longing for the clock to finally say 3:30. That's when Hannah is going to come. I felt as if I was in solitary confinement.

Time was as slow as ever and finally Hannah bursts into my room,

"Greetings, my adorable, handsome, sweet, funny, caring, lovely, awesome, fabulous, super amazing, spectacular, affectionate, attractive, cool, beautiful, empathetic, epileptic boyfriend!" she exclaims, so loud the nurses could hear, I even think I heard laughing down the hall. I laugh so hard it hurts, not that it takes much.

"Right back at you, except the epileptic boyfriend part." I say, she laughes. I love her laugh. She walks up to me,

"Scooch over," and sits next to me, resting her head on my shoulder, "How was your day?" she says almost sarcastically,

"Boring," I reply, as I run my fingers through her hair.

"Figures," she says, her eyes widening. "When did you wake up?"

"Near lunch time."

"So what have you been doing?"

"Thinking about you." I smile, "Oh, and eat a ridiculous amount of chocolate pudding. Want some?" I handed her a cup. Man, I love pudding. Like love love pudding.

"Thanks."

"How did you get back to school? My mom said you were in the ambulance," I said, handing her a spoon to try it.

"Your mom gave me a ride, and I made it in time for the 3rd period, sorry I couldn't stay. The doctors were working on you and my mom would probably not be happy with me missing class," she explained.

"Hannah, you really don't need to apologize, I'm fine. Besides, it would be counterproductive if you stayed here while I slept and ate pudding when you could have been getting your schoolwork done," I said, grabbing her hand, "I'm serious, okay, don't feel guilty. It makes me feel guilty." She nodded and curled up on me.
"Were you conscious?"  She asked me.
"No, should I be glad?" I asked. I always wonder what it was like to be on the other side.
"Yeah, it was rough, not that you didn't know that," she laughed half heartedly. I nodded. I killed the mood.

Just then my neurologist, Dr. Eisenhower (who I used to and still call Dr. Wisenhowee) knocked on the door and stepped in with a big smile. "How are you doing on this lovely afternoon," he said with a hint of sarcasm.

"Obviously I am feeling amazing. I'm 2 seizures into this grand vacation and I am feeling better than ever!" I said with a smile, "Get it? Grand, as in grand mal?" He laughed,

"Only you can make the prospect of having a grand mal seizure sound comedic,"

"Trust me it is, you should try it sometime,"

"I'll pass, but thanks for the offer," he said as if he was actually contemplating the idea, "Jokes aside, I do need to talk to you about your medications."

               "Yeah I was wondering what was going on, like, I was having at most 2 seizures a week and now I'm at 6, one of which was super long? I thought it was supposed to control them?"

"Well... They did, while you were younger. I think that as you mature, your body is becoming less affected by that medication. I need to run an EEG to be sure." Hannah jumped up next to me alarmed.