[Moon-centric] Ran Off

-This was written before the continuation of "The Moons of Jupiter - Part 2." The event written here is not a part the actual storyline.

-This takes place after "The Moons of Jupiter - Part 2."

-Inspired by someone on Discord.

-Earth's moon's name is not yet confirmed, as he was cut off in "The Moons of Jupiter - Part 1." In this, he'll be called "Moon" for now.

* * *

"Are you with us?"

The question Ganymede asked rang in Moon's head.

Moon gulped, as his lips quivered. A single statement can easily tremble someone down to their knees.

What was Moon supposed to answer?

Earth is the planet he revolves around on, the planet he has been with for over a millennia. Despite the way Earth has acted, Moon still stood by his side.

However, rewinding Earth's cruel behavior made Moon hesitate to shake his head left and right to the question.

When Moon was used as a shield for Earth whenever he and Mars would play asteroid dodgeball..

When Earth would drag him around..

When Earth casually insulted Titan and Moon himself with the statement "Moons should know their place."

The way Earth didn't even hesitate to think about replacing him as he was moving away from him year by year..

But, Earth still cared.. right?

Ugh! Why was this so complicated..?

Moon's eyes darted from Ganymede, to Titan and to the rest. He had to do something immediately rather than looking like a deer frozen in front of headlights.

It was Earth or them.

No.

He has seen Earth with pride.. but what about without confidence?

He has seen Earth crumble to disaster when he temporarily revolved around Mars along with Phobos and Deimos..

Earth needs Moon.

His mouth opened to reply his final answer..

Then, he paused.

Their expressions proved that they were sure about their decision while they mentally hoped Moon, a celestial being who probably knows Earth the most and that could bring an advantage, would agree to join them.

If he rejects, Moon could only wonder how they would react.

He exhaled sharply, thinking.

What should he do..?

Looking away, he contemplated in silence, attempting to ignore the pressuring glance of the group.

An idea surged through his mind.

It was a cowardly choice, though it was the only thing he could think of right now.

So, he made a run for it.

"What the- where are you going?" Titan yelped, turning around to watch whilst Moon flew away.

* * *

Moon passed by a huge amount of asteroids, extremely trying not to bump into any of them..

And also not to meet with Ceres again.

Moon held a nervous yet determined look on his face, continuing to go back to a certain someone's orbit..

He has to warn Earth about the rest of the moons.

* * *