17 - ENDING IT

"Cash... You are under arrest for animal trafficking, illegal experiments, kidnapping, aggravated assault, and multiple homicides."

"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be held against you in court..."

Nobita and his gang watched as the Time Patrol Officers slipped the cuffs around the man's wrists.

Revenge won't make the pain go away, Nobita. So please don't change yourself.

'Cause no matter what you do, you will still feel that void inside you that Shizuka left.

Nobita let out a deep breath...

Hours earlier

Nobita's eyes slowly unlid letting the dim light in. His eyes automatically landed on the ceiling. Where am I?

"You're awake!?" Nobita heard Doraemon's concerned and relieved voice. "Hey guys, come here. He's awake."

"What happened?" Struggling, Nobita managed to sit up straight on the bed but tumbled back down when a wave of excruciating pain shot up his stomach.

"Easy there, tiger. You were shot so you might want to keep all these moving around to the down low for a while." Nobita heard Gian, towering over his body.

Grabbing his bandaged wound, he slowed down his movements and leant against the bedrest behind his back.

Doraemon adjusted a cushion behind him to lessen any stress to his spine.

"That's right. I was shot." Nobita remembered and looked around at the blue cat robot sitting beside him.
"Did you save me and bring me here?"

Doraemon nodded. "Amidst all the chaos, especially after Cash thought he killed you, he left, not bothering to come after any of us. So, it was easy to sneak you out."

"He did finish what he came here to do in the first place." Nobita commented.

Suneo also approached Nobita soon and remarked, "God, you scared the shit out of us. We thought we lost you too."

His words reminded everyone about the terrible loss of their friend and everything around them turned gloomier.

Gian slapped Suneo hard on his back. "Way to cheer him up, idiot!"

Nobita tried to change the topic by asking something that was on his mind for a while, "Where's Kiyo? He was stabbed. How is he?"

"We helped him escape too. But after we were out, we took him to a hospital for treatment even though he insisted on staying with you." Gian answered.

"I see~" Nobita muttered out wearily.

Doraemon continued, staring at Nobita's blank expression, "Hey, I know you are upset about Shizuka. I know you're devastated. But do you think this is what Shizuka would want for you?"

"I'm fine, Doraemon." Nobita looked up and responded with a smile on his face.

Everyone stared at him in surprise.

After a short pause of examining their friend's face and trying to get some answers out of it, Doraemon said, "You don't have to be, Nobita. We understand you're hurting. It's completely natural."

"Actually, I'm not." Nobita retorted calmly, remembering the dream he had while he was out the whole time he was recovering.

He placed his hand on his chest and looked down, "I can't explain it but I feel fine. Really. I do feel a void inside me; the spot in my heart where she used to reside in."