008

21/07/2023

3k words
< "you came?"
"you called" >

❗️ warning heated car make out

y/n point of view

"another talking stage?" I ask in surprise. Emily was in another talking after ending her previous one.

Emily smirks at the group. "Ofc just by the click of my fingers they are always coming". She brags whilst showing some of my friends his texts messages.

Y/c scoffs at her cockiness. "Emily stop being cocky". He chuckles as he rolls his eyes. I let out a small chuckle but quickly hide it under a cough. But my small action didn't go unnoticed by y/c who caught my eyes.

I agreed with his statement but I didn't want Emily to know that I thought the same way as him. Y/c was a new addition to our friend group so I didn't know much about him but when he spoke up I always agreed with him.

Jacob spins his head towards at my previous action. "Why are you chuckling y/n when was the last time you was in talking stage or even a guy show a remote interest in you?". Jacobs comment catches me off guard as it wasn't his intent to be malice but it still stung.

My voice quivered slightly as I answered. "I haven't been in talking stage before". The groups eyes caught my attention.

Emily pushed Jacob. "Hey leave y/n it's not if your business that she hasn't been in a relationship before it's her choice". Emily defended me as well as unknowingly revealing that I hadn't been in a relationship before.

Zara raised her eyebrows in surprise. "Wow not being in talking stage is one thing but not being relationship is whole another level of extreme y/n".

My doubts and insecurities of guys not being interested began to attack my head once again. My heart ached at Zara'a words as some form of the truth was there.

Y/c sighed at Zara's words. "Zara haven't you ever thought that it might be y/n's choice to not be in a relationship can we move onto something different now". Y/c gave me a soft smile and I tempted to give him genuine smile back.

but it never was my choice 

My smile dropped as I left his eyes. My eyes filled with water as I continued to push them back as I resisted the urge to cry.

Zara, Jacob and Emily changed the conversation and  I wasn't able to input into the conversation as my thoughts were plagued with everyone's previous comments.

I felt sofa dip onto one side as y/c sat beside and put his arm around me in comforting way. He leaned to whisper in my ear. "It's okay to be upset y/n, you can cry".

I thought about it for a second as my eyes caught his comforting eyes. I shook my head and whispered. "Not in front of them". I replied croakily feeling the back of my throat tremble.