I was fuming. My hands should be on her. But I sighed, sat back, downed my drink, and shut my eyes.

They began passing a blunt around and I took three puffs.

I was good. I'm fine.

Half of me wanted to softly strangle her to death, but in a nice way. The other half... I don't even know.

Then I got a call.

"Mmhm."

"...she's kind of letting a man-"

I hung up.

I stood and walked to the bar.

"A shot."

He gave me one and I took it, ignoring the throat numbing burn.

I moved through the people and next thing I knew my hand was magically around a man's throat.

"Zion." She sighed.

"Go to the bathroom. I'll meet you there." I said.

"No."

I set the guy down.

"You seem like a nice guy, if I'm correct with that assumption, you won't touch her again." I smiled.

"Yes sir." He walked away and I picked my problem up off the floor and tossed her over my shoulder.

I walked to my office, setting her down.

"Excuse me? We're not in a relationship. You're crazy." She pointed at me.

"Why'd you wear that?" I asked.

"What?"

"The dress. What was the thought behind the outfit?" I grabbed her waist, touching the pieces of skin available through the thread.

"I liked it-"

"Why'd you wear it tonight?" I asked.

"Because." She continued with the stubborn shit.

"You thought about me huh? You knew I'd piss me off. You wanted that attention, and I mean, if I'm really, truly wrong, please correct me." I walked, her body hit the wall, her breathing cut short.

"Am I wrong?" I asked, tilting my head.

"N-no." She whispered.

"That's what I thought. Why? Why the constant insults and attitude?" I asked.

"I don't know."

"No? Well when you figure your shit out let me know. But I'll give you what you want." I moved.

She looked confused.

"What do you mean?"

"Go. Dance and hookup with men." I shrugged.

"But-"

"You just confessed you thought of me putting that on. That's all the reassurance I need that I got into that head. That's all that matters. You can go do whatever you wish to do now." I put my hands behind my back.

She frowned, distressed.

She walked to the elevator slowly, pressing the down button.

No light, no operation.

"Oops. I think it's broken." I sat on my desk.

"So what? We're stuck here?"

"No. Well, you are. I have to do work." I stood and walked behind my desk.

"I'm so lost."

"I was joking. You're a fool to think anyone's hands are going on you. Silly." I shook my head as I pulled out some files and quickly analyzed the shipment documents.

No errors.

Replied to emails.

Looked up, she stood, arms crossed and nervous.

"What?"

"I didn't sign up to be a puppet. I know you're trying to manipulate me."

"Mmhm." I nodded.

"That's why I'm mad. You toy with me and make up rules for me."

"But I've said nothing but the truth." I shrugged.

"But it's not fair."

"I know."

"Is it just selfishness then?"

"Absolutely."

"And you're okay making me mad at you consistently?"

"I am. I know what I'm doing is... wrong. But I've got some issues that are very obvious. You have no idea what you're missing and that part isn't my problem because I'm not gonna force you to do anything intimate with me." I leaned forward, my elbows on the table.

"I'm... controlling. But I'm not a dickwad who's gonna always be all over you. I'm not gonna make you kiss me or grope you. Sure I always have my hand resting on you but it's in no manner you couldn't stop. If you were uncomfortable with my hand on you, you could easily move it." I shrugged.

"But if I don't want you?" She asked.

I smiled.

"Then I don't believe you."

"Why?"

"You listen too easily to me. I make you feel secure. I know I scare you but you are at ease being around me when it comes to your own safety and your responses to basic human contact with me makes that possibility almost impossible." I nodded.

"What's my response?" She held her chin up.

"Legs crossed real tight. Goosebumps. Silence. You don't wanna stutter so you just get so quiet."

"What about all the times you threatened to kiss me?"

"It's a threat. I'd never do that without consent as I would never sew your eyelids to your face if you didn't stare at a murder." I explained.

"I was told you knew me before this."

"Mmhm."

"How?"