23. A message by i-phone

Start from the beginning

Slime seemed to perk up at that.

Oh!

Well, I don't know.

Slimecicle shrugged.

Charlie paused. "You-, huh? What do you mean you don't know?" He asked somewhat confused.

Slime shrugged again, leaning back as they rolled their eyes nonchalantly.

Well I dont know, I never really needed them.

I was told it was better to be a boy though, so I've mostly been going by he/him.

"What?" Charlie blurt out. "Wh- who told you that!?" He asked with a very concerned look on his face.

Slime looked back at him with wide eyes.

Eh- well, it was a long time ago.. and they said it was better to be a boy because it meant people would actually treat me properly, I guess they just wanted the best for me..

They stated with an incredibly forced smile as they arched forward.

Charlie had an eyebrow raised and a worried look on his face. He paused before speaking. "Uh.. well I guess it's nice they had good intentions.." he spoke hesitantly.

Brushing that aside he attempted to bring back the original question. "But, I guess if you were to use pronouns, what would they be?" He asked leaning back again in his chair.

Slime tilted their head as they thought.

Well.. really anything works I guess. I mean, I don't even know if I have a gender, that whole things really confusing..

They stated biting their lip as they leaned back.

So I guess for consistencys sake I'll go by he/they. Cause, I don't really feel like confusing anyone, since I guess I look pretty masculine..

They trailed off, looking down at themselves with a contemplating look.

"And that's what you're comfortable with?" Charlie asked with a surprisingly genuine look of concern. He seemed very adamant on getting this right.

Slime thought for a moment.

Yup!

They smiled, sitting up straight in the reflected chair as they looked at Charlie.

Charlie clapped his hands together as he sat up again. "Alright! He/they it is. Now, I do have some other questions." He began.

Slime tossed their hand casually in his direction as he they leaned back.

Hand 'em to me!

Charlie smiled. "Alright."

He took a breath, sitting up straight as he looked towards his warped reflection. "Well, first. What exactly is your power." He asked, holding out his palms in a very matter of factly way.

Slime stopped.

Their face seemed to drop and they instantly stared at charlie with an anxious gaze.

Charlie seemed somewhat confused. His first thought was that Slime didn't have any powers and Charlie had just offended them or made them feel cornered. But, then his eyes caught up with his brain and he remembered the person that was sitting right infront of, and inside of him.