My stomach twisted.

"Why?"

"You're not killing him. You're killing the next one but you're just giving a bit of pain." He shrugged.

"I'm-what?" I frowned, my vision blurred as tears pricked my eyes.

He walked toward me, pushing my chin up with the gun, it pressed against me, the metal cold.

I swallowed firmly, his eyes were emotionless.

"You're setting the man outside on fire. I'm not making you stab him or shoot him. That'll come eventually though." He shrugged.

I felt a tear run down my face and he tsked, wiping it.

"No need to cry. You're fine after the last one aren't you? You ended up getting over it. It's the same process here. We're not leaving until you do some damage. I have all day." He told me.

I swallowed firmly.

"How many hits?" I asked.

"Let's make it 5. 5 good ones." He said.

"Okay." I swallowed again, trying to rid of the lump in my throat.

He stepped forward, kissing my forehead.

"You're just fine. You can do it."

I nodded, when he stepped back I took a deep breath, pulling the bat back, hitting him as hard as I could in his shin, making him scream in agony.

I wanted to lay on the floor and cry.

"Good job, that was one." He said.

I did the same, in the same spot, hearing a snap and it definitely wasn't the bat.

"I'm so sorry." I whispered.

"No you're not. Don't say that." Zion disapproved.

Three, on his side.

Four, on his arm.

"Don't do the last one. This one is gonna be a consequence for that stupid little apology." He got the man out of the fetal position, not aiding to the fractures in his body as I knew he could care less.

"Right here." He pointed to his face.

"You said I wouldn't kill him." I whispered.

"I don't think your strong enough to kill him. Just do enough damage. This is number five. Go." He said and I took a breath, shutting my eyes as I swung.

I opened, his mouth and nose profusely bleeding.

He was screaming and crying, thrashing around.

Zion grabbed my throat, pressing the gun against my lips.

"When I have you do something to someone, don't apologize. Ever. You're not saving him by doing that." He was strict but not angry. Still oddly calm. Like he always was.

I nodded.

He didn't let go of my throat or leave my gaze as he moved the gun, shooting him right in the head, dropping the gun.

He brought me to him, putting my back to his front as he grabbed my face, forcing me to look.

"That's a dead human sex trafficker. Saved so many people right now. So many lives will have to go trauma less." He told me and I nodded, my hands gripping onto the arm that held my face.

Then he let me go.

I just wanted to be held. I was scared. Not for myself but for who he was.

There are always moments I genuinely like being around him then these kinds of things happen and it terrifies me.

He called cleanup.

He handed me a box of matches.

He took my hand, his touch gentle now as he led me outside.

We took a five minute walk to a man squirming against a dead tree.

"There's a bucket of gasoline right beside him. I'll let you do whatever." He said and I frowned.

"I don't want to-"

"Kaia, let's not go through this again." He nodded.

So I picked up the bucket, dumped it on him forcing him to gasp for untainted air.

Then I lit a match and backed up, tossing it and watching him go up in flames.

Hands came around my waist, he pulled me against him.

"So good. Quick and easy." He told me.

I turned, over it.

"What? You look mad." He smiled.

I was.

"I am."

"That's fine."

"I don't hurt people. I help them."

"You do hurt people. For their own good. Toddlers cry for shots, you have to rebreak certain bones that didn't heal right. You hurt people all the time." He smiled.

"But-"

He kinda had me there.

"This is murder. I don't do that."

"You do consented murder. With life support." He told me.

"Fuck you." I whispered.

He grabbed my waist, pulling me firmly against him, the only think keeping us from being too close was the height difference.

"Keep talking like that and I might have to have you act on it." He glared.

"You're an asshole."

"Mmhm."

I spat out a bunch of multi-languaged insults.

"You're so pretty." He whispered.

I hit him, my fist pulled back before punching him in the jaw.

"You're insane." I spat before I walked away.

He laughed, a deep, belly laugh.

"Get in the car." He walked past me, opening the door.,

"No. I want to do it-"

He picked me up and sat me in the car.

He grabbed my jaw.

"I'll zip tie you to the top and drive you home that way if you don't stop being petty. You can be mad all you want." He buckled me in before shutting the door.

He got in his side.

"Legs." He patted his lap.

"No."

"Fine." He drove, one hand on my leg.

I didn't try to move it.

I just didn't want to speak.

I was annoyed.

He didn't even have a red mark from the hit.

Ego destroying.