Part 18

Eda via Twitter, March 19th, 2021, 10:30 AM

[Eda: I am feeling sick.

Comments:

Serkan: where are you? I'll pick you up.

Eda: It's nothing, Askim. I'm fine. I was speaking figuratively.

Serkan: Go home to rest, then. Don't come to the office if you don't feel well.

Ceren: What's wrong, Edacim?

Melo: Dada, did someone go wrong at the doctor?

---

🌟EDA POV🌟

I arrived at the office thoroughly distracted. Serkan immediately came to me, still concerned about my tweet.

"I wasn't really feeling sick, Serkan. I already explained," I added, irritated with his overprotectiveness.

"Then what's going on with you?"

These past few months, Serkan had come to know me so well that if I feigned that everything was okay when it wasn't, he could give me some time to get my head together, but he'd know I wasn't doing okay.

"My hormones are rebelling against me. I'm going to start taking vitamins and other mineral supplements. Doctor Cenk said it wasn't anything of worry, that it'll go away on its own with the necessary care in a few months."

Serkan observed me, suspicious. "Peki Tamam," he responded. "At least we know you're not sick and can travel next week."

"Our trip... There's no way we can postpone the trip, right?"

I'd completely forgotten about the trip. The only thing on my mind since I'd left the doctor's office was the pregnancy and how I would tell Serkan we would have another child.

His mother would skin me alive. And my aunt? My aunt would certainly help.

It was okay for both of them to have a child if I was married or at least engaged to Serkan. But we'd been dating for 3 and a half months, and I'd been pregnant for about half that time!

If I told him about the baby, Serkan would feel obliged to marry me to protect my honor. I'd be pressuring him. I'd be forcing a decision that he wouldn't take yet.

Or at all, my mind reminded me. 

"The doctor said that the supplements he prescribed can have some side effects in the first few days. What if I become nauseated and have to vomit? I don't want you to be worried about me the entire time we are on holiday, and you tend to me instead of having a good time. You and Kiraz deserve a vacation full of beautiful, unforgettable memories. Staying in the hotel room with me watching Netflix because I can't leave the bed isn't an option, Serkan."