"What are you trying to say, Evie?" Valencia squinted her eyes at Evie, challenging her.

"Shouldn't we try and stop them?" I whispered to Matthew beside me who was watching in amusement.

"Nah, they're always like this. Just watch and enjoy."

"I know you slept with Ken while he was still dating Christine. Not once, or twice, but three times!" Evie outed her. I recognized some of the names that were being thrown around, all of them were from high school. It was crazy how connected this town was even after all these years.

"Yeah? Well, are we gonna forget about your fling with Matthew that has been going on for years now? Hell, you were sleeping with him when he was with Elyse!" Valencia yelled back at her before realizing I was sitting right there, "Sorry, Elyse."

I laughed. I didn't give a shit that was in the past anyways. Just glad to know now. I gave Matthew the nastiest look ever though.

"You bitch. How dare you say that?! I thought I trusted you with that, backstabber."

"And I thought I trusted you with the whole Ken thing but I guess not, bitch." Valencia snapped back.

"Fuck—" Evie was interrupted.

"Okaaay, girls. Calm your tits, I've got weed to make life better." Ares jumped on the couch, putting the drugs on the coffee table in front of us all, rolling some cigarettes for everyone.

I tensed.

Evie moaned in relief, "Finally, now the party has really started."

"Here." Matthew handed me a blunt.

"No, thanks." I shook my head.

"Oh, yeah. I forgot you didn't like blunts— Yo, Ares, where's the cocaine?" Matthew asked Ares who threw him a bag of at-least a kilo of cocaine. "Here ya go, treat yourself."

"No. Thanks."

"C'mon, Ellie, don't be a buzzkill. You always used to love doing this shit."

"Yeah, Ellie, it'll be fun! Just take a hit." Evie agreed with Matthew.

"No, seriously, guys. I'm clean now. I don't wanna go down that spiral again. I'm a better person now." I shook my head, standing my ground no matter how tempting their offer was. They all gave each other looks.

"Are you calling as bad people?" Ares asked, seeming offended.

"What?! No, it's just that—"

"Alright then, take a hit." He passed me a euro bill and spread out the coke in a line.

"Snort it! Snort it! Snort it!" They chanted. Even random people joined in on the chant.

I was stuck between running the fuck out of there and looking like a baby or take the hit and loose everything I've worked for. On the other hand, I could really use an escape right now. Like, really badly... I'm sure one hit won't be that bad.

"Fine. But just one hit." Everyone cheered as I rolled up the bill and snorted it all. It tingled at first but then it felt like always.

I quickly grabbed myself a few drinks to distract myself from what I just did. But after only a few drinks, my conscience had vanished and I was saying yes to anything and everything.

I wasn't wasted, I was hammered. Hammered beyond hammerification— if that was even a thing.

"Oh my God, Valencia! What happened to your eyes?!" My hands automatically reached out to touch her eyes.