𝐕. manifest your problems

pocket full of posies
v. manifest your problems

━━━━━ POSIE SPAT OUT clumps of sand, finding Percy staring at the ocean waves, looking deep in thought.

              "Percy?" she called, still half-asleep. When he didn't respond, she tried climbing down the sand dune and nearly rolled.

              Honestly ... Onesimus grumbled. Could you be any clumsier?

              You're the one who woke me from a dead sleep! Posie snapped back.

              I saved you from another weird dream, Josephine! Besides, I thought I heard Percy yelling for help ...

              Posie thought she had to, that was the only reason why she listened to Onesimus and climbed out of bed.

              "Percy!" she called again, grasping his shoulder.

              The son of Poseidon jumped, whirling around to face her. His posture loosened when he recognized her, tossing her a yellow duffle bag.

              Posie caught it, her eyes narrowing in confusion. "... What's this? I thought you were in trouble!"

              "We areI sorta am." Percy grabbed a second duffle bag, throwing it to Annabeth, who just crested the sand dune.

              She caught it, looking confused. "What's going on?" she asked. "I heard you calling for help!"

              "Me, too!" Tyson nodded. "Heard you yell, 'Bad things are attacking!'"

              "I didn't call you guys," Percy admitted. "I'm fine."

              "But then who ..." Annabeth glanced down at the yellow duffle bag Percy tossed her, then this weird old-fashioned flask from lunch boxes ( why was it carved with Ancient Greek scenes of a hero lifting up a three-headed dog? ), and a clear bottle full of multi-colored vitamins ( were the purple ones hydra shaped? ). "What"

              "Just listen," Percy said. "We don't have much time."

              He told the others about his conversation with Hermes. By the time he was finished, Posie could hear screeching in the distancepatrol harpies picking up their scent.

              She shifted nervously, glancing at the sky. "Percy ... I don't think we have much of a choice now. We have to go on this quest."

              He blinked at her. Normally, Posie was trying to steer Percy away from doing anything dangerous. "Posiewe'll be expelled. Trust me, I'm an expert at getting expelled."

              She gave him a look. "So what? Hermes came to you. That's a big deal. That means he thinks the quest is going to fail if we don't go. Besidesif we do fail, there won't be a Camp Half-Blood left to get expelled from. We have to try, Percy."

              "Yeah, but Posie, you promised Chiron"

              "I promised I'd keep from danger." ( Posie knew that promise would come back and bit her in the ass! ) "And either way, staying at Camp or going on this questit'll be dangerous. At least on this quest, we'll be trying to stop Luke and Kronos."

              Annabeth glanced back; the sound of harpies was getting louder. "Posie's right. Either way, we'll be in danger. Tysonyou can stay behind and tell them"