32.

Noah
____________________________

"Noah, baby. Daddy's here, okay? I'm going to take care of you."

I could hardly comprehend what was going on, all I felt was my body being lifted from the floor as I was carried to another room.

"The FBI are on their way." I heard Julian say from the kitchen. "Do not touch anything, understand?"

Their voices faded the further we got, and eventually I was sat down on a bed.

Alek went to pull away, but I didn't want to be apart from him. I clutched his shirt tighter, laying my head to his chest.

The only thing calming me was the soothing scent of Alek's cologne.

"Don't leave me, D—Daddy." I cried.

I could feel my head getting fuzzy, but I didn't want to be little again. All I want to do is forget what I had just seen, but what if I get stuck being little again? What if I lose my memory and don't remember things?

It was an internal battle, fighting to keep myself sane.

Alek may be the one who cause me to be little the last few times, but he's also the person who can keep me out of it.

"I'm not going anywhere, Noah. I promise." His voice was hardly above a whisper as he spoke soothingly in my ear.

"I. . . I have no family left. I know they weren't my real parents, but they're all I had." I sobbed.

"Nothing can make the loss of your parents better, but I need you to know that you have a family with me. With us, and all of your friends. No matter what happens, you will never be alone. You should have never had to witness something like that, and I'm so sorry that this happened." His body shuddered against mine as he breathed out.

"I should have killed Viktor myself when I had the chance, but I didn't. I will regret this moment every day for the rest of my life."

"Y—You make it sound like he's still alive." I questioned hesitantly, not wanting to hear the truth.

"That's because he is, baby. I don't know the full details on what happened exactly. I need to get more information before I tell you anything. I'm sorry I'm doing a shit job at keeping us safe."

"It's n—not your fault Daddy. This wasn't your doing, it was Viktor's. I. . . I don't blame you for this, so please don't blame yourself." I sniffled, wrapping my arms tighter around Alek's body. "Viktor is sick, and that isn't your fault. We didn't know they would go after my parents. We could have never known." I sobbed harder, the sight of their severed heads burned deeply into my mind. An image I will never escape. My poor parents.

I know they didn't love me like their biological child, but they still cared about me. Of course I felt the same too.

I didn't even know how to feel. I'm devastated, angry, desolate. . . This doesn't even feel real.

My life has always been so insignificant and uneventful, but since Alek has come back, everything has been a whirlwind.

I felt myself slipping again, and it was getting more difficult to stop myself from shutting down.