A small *crack* had Grave spin around on his heel. He looked past the spiky rocks adorning the dangerous treshold... There was somebody there. Standing so close to the edge a gust of air could swipe them away. It was the figure haunting him lately..
The writer of the journal....'Ms.V'.
She wasn't looking at him, her eyes were pinned on the spectacular view of the forest stretching underneath them. Grave, despite the breath caught in his throat, took the chance of getting closer to her. Just a few steps it was he managed to take before she glanced back at him.

He could feel a certain tension... It was unreadable if she felt the same or it was only him who was nervous.
He tried gathering his thoughts but his mind was racing... He had so many questions but this was still a stranger.
Y'know stranger - danger probably applies to undead spirits too.
She didn't open her mouth, not that it was seeable behind her black bandana. She seemed to be...signing something? Grave could recall a few sign language classes he took when he was in school. He did have a mute little sister in need to communicate with after all. He signed after the woman, putting it all together in his head: "C-Care-ful"

He was beyond confused. Careful? Of what? What was-

*CRACK*

An old pine's trunk had snaped in half seemingly out of nowhere. The upper part of the tree, branches and all was... coming right for him.
He barely jumped out of the way before it slammed down on the ground. Had she really just tried to attack him?! After coming out of his initial shock, his body still trembling, his eyes drifted back to the figure who...was... was... no longer there.

Grave heard a few rapid steps coming his way, before his uncle had grabbed him by the arms to check him over.

"Goodness, child! Are you alright?!" he frantically yelped as he scanned the boy over for any injuries.

Grave stared at the ledge 'Ms. V' was standing on before locking eyes with his worried uncle,
"Y-Yeah, I-I am ok! Don't worry!"

"You need to be pay attention to your surroundings, Gravedigger. You could have gotten hurt!" he advised, pulling the boy to his feet with a grunt.
Brushing the dirt, snow and leaves off of his clothes.

"I know, I know... I am sorry"

"No need to apologise." he waved him off, "I am just glad you are safe." a smiled taking shape on his lips.

Scout waited for them outside their hide out, pulling Grave into a little squize after hearing what the loud crash was. With some new energy in their bodies, they continued up the icy path. Whilst Scout and Krampus repeated their tradition of endlessly chatting, Grave found himself thinking back on his new encounter.
The lady could talk so, why choose not to? How could she have known he understood what she said? What if he didn't? Would she had left the tree to fall on him?... Was it her that made the tree nearly smash him?

An arm wrapping around his shoulders made Grave straighten up a bit. Being pulled away so suddenly out of his thoughts always spooked him to no end.

"What's with the long face, my boy? Did the accident spook you?" coaxed Krampus, with a mellow tone.

For a moment, Grave trully debated if he should really tell his uncle about what is actually happening... I mean, the lady was pretty creepy.. And what if she wanted to harm them? Maybe him and Scout weren't prepared to take her down if it came to it...
With a deep breath in, Grave finally caved in..."Uncle can I tell you something?"