Celebration, and Somethin More

Aura and I have been living in the house for about three weeks now. Usually I don't like being cooped up in one place for long, but staying with Aura... it feels like home. Like I was meant to be here with her. It's taken some time, but Aura has gotten more comfortable with me which I am happy about. Still something's to work on here and there, but I don't want to rush her. We're going to do this at her pace.

There is a village just down the road, a forest full of deer and other animals, and the river nearby. It was a great place to live. I fixed up the house and brought dinner home. Aura would cook and tend to the garden we made in the back. She was now smiling everyday, which was a huge improvement.

Two weeks ago I had enough coin to take Aura into the village. I surprised her by letting her pick out the cloths that she wanted. I know it doesn't sound like much, but to her it was like a dream come true. That old white dress that she wore when we first met was replaced with all kinds of new and better clothing. From dresses to shirts and boots and pants. That was the happiest I have seen her in the time that we've known each other.

Today I went hunting for deer. Managed to get a large buck that should last us for a few days. I got to the house and hauled the meat that I cut up in a trunk that we have to keep the meat fresh. I went inside the house and looked for Aura.

"Aura?" I didn't see her. She must be in the garden out back. I stepped out and I see Aura. She wasn't in the garden. Instead she was out in the field near the large willow tree. The sight made me smile. She was standing in front of a white horse with her hand on it's head. Aura was smiling that unique smile of hers and I couldn't help but gaze at her beauty. She was unlike any other woman I've seen before.

I walked slowly up to the two and cleared my throat. Aura turned to me, smile still on her face. "I see you've made a friend." I said.

Aura chuckled. "She just came up to me."

"That means she likes you."

"I'm glad. She's so pretty."

I got an idea. "You wanna keep her?"

She shrugged her shoulders. "I'm... not sure. I mean, yes I do but I don't think that she'll want to leave her freedom."

"You never really know. She did come up to you."

She seemed to ponder it for a moment. "I'll let her decide."

"How?"

Aura turned around and walked towards the house. I narrowed my eyes confused as she stopped at the garden and turned back towards us. The horse looked at me as if asking a question. I only shrugged.

"Hey don't look at me."

The horse then started walking towards Aura and stopped in front of her with a small neigh. Aura pet the horse and smiled as I walked up to them.

"I think she's made her choice." I said.

Aura chuckled. "I think so too."

"What will you name her?"

Aura thought for a moment. "I like Silver."

I nodded. "Then Silver she shall be."

_______________________

The next day I decided to go into town to get some herbs that we needed that haven't grown in our garden yet. Before I left, Aura approached me.

"Be careful." She said.

"Me? Come on. You're talking to a witcher here." I said with a smile.

She chuckled. "I know, but still."