Chapter 21: Snowfall

Start from the beginning

Ciel gulped out of nervousness and prepared for the worst, "We have been tasked with apprehending them and bringing them in to speak with General Ironwood,"

'Ironwood himself wants to talk to them? Why?' Jaune asked. "Why does he want to talk to them?" he asked.

Ciel glared at him, "That's classified,"

Jaune glared right back at her harder, "What if she doesn't want to come along?" Jaune asked.

Ciel looked at him and despite something inside of her that was screaming to back away, she didn't. "I wasn't asking," She told him sternly.

With that confirmed to Jaune, he quickly unsheathed his sword and swung it at Ciel, but the girl narrowly avoided the attack and jumped backward, Penny was shocked and turned to Jaune only to see him appear right in front of her and struck her in the face with his shield and Penny stumbled backward.

Jaune turned back around and looked at Fiona and Deery, "Get out of here now!" He told them.

Fiona stepped forward, "But-!"

Jaunw growled, "DAMN IT! DO AS I SAY!" Jaune yelled.

Fiona wanted to help him but she realized that she wasn't going to be much help, so she grabbed Deery's hand and ran away.

Ciel saw the two run away and tried to go after them, but Jaune stood in her way and attacked her again, but Ciel managed to unsheath her cutlass and blocked his attack. She then unholstered her gun and aimed it at Jaune and pulled the Hammer back, but Jaune raised his shield and blocked the shot.

Jaune then kicked her away and put distance between himself and Ciel, only to see six swords shooting down at him, his eyes widened with shock but then he dodged all of them and saw that it was Penny, and he growled at her. Jaune then rushed at her and she was shocked, and she pulled her swords back with her wires but Jaune was already close and he pushed his aura into his sword and pulled it back before thrusting it forward, but Penny dodged the attack only to be kneed in the stomach.

Penny felt her aura take the blow, and she winced at the impact as she fell to the ground, Jaune was going to strike her in the face with a shield to knock her out, but he then heard two gunshots and felt the impact of two bullets in his back and stumbled forward slightly. The blonde knight turned around to see Ciel with her gun pointed at him, and an angry expression on her face.

"You've attacked two Atlas Cadets, you do realize this makes you a criminal right?" Ciel asked.

"You think that scares me?" Jaune asked with a glare.

Suddenly, both girls could feel that uneasy feeling they had before growing and getting darker, and they figured out that it was coming from Jaune. Jaune could feel the same sensation he had back at Mistral rising up inside of him, he could feel the pull of the Beowulf's influence breaking through. The two girls felt something inside of them screaming, screaming to run away, screaming that something in front of them was going to kill them.

In an instant, both girls believed that they had been stabbed or cut by Jaune, but when they came to their senses, they saw that they hadn't, that Jaune remained in the same place he was, and their expressions became more fearful.

Jaune then noticed the frightened expression's on their faces and Jaune knew what they were feeling because he wore the same expression when he was face to face with Raven for the first time. It was the face of a person who realized they were up against a monster in human form, something Jaune knew he was.

"You can either walk away and leave me alone, or... I can kill the both of you here and now," Jaune told them.

"Will you surrender and be robbed? Or will you fight and die young Arc?" Raven asked.