"Miss Singh!" I now heard the set designer yelped, rushing up to me. I grunted heading toward my dressing room to powder myself up a bit. "I actually just got off the phone with him ma'am, and he wanted me to tell you he'd be running a few minutes late."

Late?! When did I become under the impression I would be okay with him being late?

"I should've known! You know the man wasn't ever able to be on time for anything at first unless it was something so important to him. I can't just keep waiting around here for-"

"Wait, known?" She then wondered. I stopped in my tracks, turning to her baffled. What did I say that was so confusing? "You said he was never known. Did you already know Mr. Collins before?" She now clarified genuinely curious.

Oh god. I didn't realize I even said that in such a casual manner. Okay focus Victoria.

No more slip ups like this. But it was true.

Anytime I arranged for a romantic night that he didn't plan when we started being together, he always made some reason of how he had to take care of something he was into first before meeting up.

But don't get me wrong, I still truly enjoyed every time we shared.

In fact, they were the highlights of my day and night any moment I had the pleasure in seeing his kind and sweet eyes being so wrapped up into what I loved to do. But I did always wonder what kind of thing was so important that he had gotten himself into?

He generally always hated even bringing it up any time I remotely began to ask.

But the last thing I wanted to address was how in connection he was to my past. Especially to someone who made less than me...which was everyone.

"Oh uh...what I meant was he just...looks like you average late dewdropper. That's all. Now stop badgering me with the sound of your voice, before I tie your mouth shut with staples and celebrate how truly peaceful the world would be after." I threatened, rushing away.

Though from the corner of my eye, I was definitely receiving the bird from her middle finger. God, people are just so sensitive nowadays I suppose.

Entering into the room, I was blinded by the alarming amount of stuff I'd collected with just being on set for only a month now. A replica of all my big roles thus far on customized plaques—shining all around the plain cream colored walls to make sure whoever came in here, knew the kind of talented woman I was.

Rushing to put my feet up on the indoor couch I had requested for the moments I could have a few minutes of blissful rest, I suddenly soon heard the one voice I had often forgotten even existed on the same planet as me.

"And I have arrived!" Danny yelled as I jolted my eyes open, crossing my arms. Oh.

If he didn't give me a perfect explanation for this, he was about to leave.

In a body bag.

"And you're late! So congrats Danny! Your presence just made my life a lot worse." I muttered as I heard him now snickered. "Where have ya been?! Ya know I could've gone to the cafe myself and made the concoction too, before ya decided to grow a brain and roll your lazy and good for nothing self out of bed!" I then projected.

"Then why didn't you?" He joked sarcastically as I glared back, sitting up further and facing him finally becoming more pissed. He was holding up two cups of the bittersweet beans I could taste from a mile away. "Never mind. On the plus side however, I did get the little dame her much needed caffeine for the day as I keep hearing around the set. Speaking of which, I didn't know there was such a swanky thing called breakaway glass that appears like the real thing—but it's not!" He placed them down on my vanity.