She sat quietly in the pavilion. Suddenly, she remembered the years when she was young and the days when she followed the army. It was also a spring day like this. The rain was drizzling. She sat in the middle of the soldiers and drank a bowl of strong wine with a smile. She felt her whole body heat up.

This heat engulfed her body in a flash. He Yan supported herself on the railing. Waves of sweetness gushed out from her throat. With a "pu" sound, she spat out a mouthful of blood.

Someone's footsteps slowly approached.

He Yan asked, "Xiao Die?"

There was no answer. The footsteps stopped. He Yan frowned slightly. "Madam He?"

A moment later, a woman's voice sounded. "Madam has good hearing."

A strange feeling rose in her chest. Her many years of intuition made her subconsciously take a defensive posture. Madam He had always been gentle and careful. She didn't say many words to her in the fu. Suddenly, she came and spoke in such a proud tone. He Yan felt uneasy.

But she also felt strange. She wasn't a competent mistress. In the fu, she was more like a decoration. She couldn't stop Madam He from seeking favor. A blind person was no threat to Madam He. Madam He didn't need to and had no reason to deal with her.

"What's the matter?"

He Wanru stroked the hairpin in her hair. It was Xu Zhiheng who gave it to her yesterday. Suddenly, she remembered that the person in front of her couldn't see. She regretfully withdrew her hand and said, "Madam, you are pregnant."

He Yan froze in place.

"A few days ago, the doctor who looked at your eyes took your pulse. You are pregnant."

He Yan didn't know what to do, but a trace of joy appeared. She was about to speak when she heard Madam He sigh again. "What a pity."

What a pity?

He Yan's smile disappeared. She asked, "What's a pity?"

"It's a pity that this child can't be kept."

He Yan said sternly, "Madam He, how dare you!"

Her long, shapely eyebrows were raised, and her gaze was like a knife. Although she was blind, her expression was frightening. He Wanru's hair stood on end. But after a moment, she steadied her mind and said, "I'm not the only one who said this, General He."

He Yan's scalp went numb when she heard the words "General He". She asked, "What do you know?"

"I know everything that I should know. I also know everything that I shouldn't know. General He, with such a big secret, how can the He Family and Xu Family dare to tolerate you? "

He Yan couldn't speak.

Before the He Family had a general like General Feihong, they were like all the noble families in Da Wei. They were even on the verge of decline. Nineteen years ago, the He Family's sisters-in-law gave birth at the same time. The He Family's eldest young mistress gave birth to He Rufei, and the He Family's second young mistress gave birth to He Yan.

He Rufei should have the title of nobility, but He Rufei was born with a weak body. The doctor said that he wouldn't live past the age of three. He Rufei died, and the title of nobility was taken away from the He Family. The entire family was left with nothing.

The He Family discussed it and made a bold decision. He Yan replaced He Rufei. He Rufei lied that he was He Yan. He was born with a weak body and was sent to the temple to recuperate.

He Yan grew up with He Rufei's identity. Although she was born in the second branch, she grew up in the first branch. Since she was young, she thought of herself as a boy and liked to practice martial arts. When she was fourteen, she joined the Fuyue Army behind her family's back. Gradually, she became famous in the military campaigns. She even received the title of General Feihong from the Emperor and had the opportunity to enter the palace to meet the Emperor.