Chapter 37

Beth's POV

Tiana has just fell asleep so I walk out of the room and into the corridor. That is where I call the only person who can ever calm me down.
"Hey baby. You okay? Tiana okay?" She asks me.
"Hey Vivi. Uhm Tiana had a bit of a breakdown earlier. Some kid had been racist towards her and Tiana just spiralled. Shouting how she wished she wasn't different. I just managed to get her to sleep."
"Poor kid. Life really is against her at the minute. How are you?"
"Well like I said I just got Tiana to sleep"
"No Beth. How are you?"
"Well I don't know. I'm panicked. I'm worried. I'm shaken up. I just don't know what to do!" I start crying at this point.
"Hey hey shh. As you said Tiana is asleep now. That means she's fine. And you know she will sleep for a good few hours. So how about you leave a phone and a note in the room then go down to have fun with your team. You are an athlete at a World Cup after all."
"Okay. Thank you. You still picking her up tomorrow?"
"I can try and manage sooner lievard it's just."
"No. Have fun with YOUR team I'll see you tomorrow Vivi."
"Ok baby. Love you."
"Ik hou van jou."
I hang up then do what viv said. I place her phone and a note on the dresser then go down to the chill room. As I enter Leah hugs me. I really needed that.
"How is she?"
"Asleep."
"Poor girl you sure you don't want to report the kid."
"No Tiana wants to leave it so I will respect her wishes. I really need a coffee though."
"Ha. Follow me there's a machine that prints a picture on the coffee!"
As I follow Leah through the chill room also know as the Scott room I see my teammates everywhere. Beth and Jess are doing there pool tournament. Millie and Rach are on the Xbox. Lucy and Keira are playing basketball. And everyone else is doing other stuff like table tennis, watching stuff or just talking. Leah leads me to the coffee machine and I get a cappuccino printing a picture of Georgia and Leah smiling with their thumbs up. I take it and go and sit down just cherishing the moment to myself. Not for long though as Millie and Rach who have obviously got bored of playing basketball walks over and sits next to me one on each side.
"Meadoooo." Rach says as she sits next to me.