Once in a Lifetime

Start from the beginning

"K-kissing. Grabbing my privates." He nodded.

"Okay, anything on your backside?"

"No ma'am."

I wrote that down.

"That's all for now."

"Are they gone?"

"They are. When you called the cops, he cops arrived a few minutes after they came back." I told him.

"I-I wish I wasn't there-"

"I know. Dante, things happen. You were in the wrong place at the wrong time. You did nothing wrong, you did everything right and everything you had to do to keep yourself alive. You're so strong and so brave. I'm very proud of you." I smiled.

He looked at me.

"Yeah?" He sniffled.

"Yeah." I nodded.

He moved a shaky hand to grab mine.

"Thank you." He whispered.

"Thank you for being you. This is a hard battle, but remember you're always gonna win. You won the last one, you'll win the next. I'll be back, but for now rest. Your parents and sister sit in the waiting room."

"Can I see?"

"I'll get them right now."

-

I sat at lunch, eating my home brought pasta from last night.

"Doctor Blanc?" I heard over my walkie.

"I'm on lunch, Rose. Is it an emergency?"

"No but I have someone here to see you. Her name is Zoe Morozov."

"Morozov? Uhm, I'll be there, give me a minute." I've only ever heard that name once.

Once I came to America and it was in a club I was at.

With my friend at the time, about a famous man. And something surrounding something I didn't understand at the time since I wasn't fluent in English.

I finished my dish, cleaning the Tupperware and putting it away in my locker.

I walked out to the front.

A beautiful woman, dark straight hair to her shoulders, deep brown eyes, pale skin, large lips, a slim but long nose smiled at me.

"Hello, I'm Zoe Morozov. I was wondering if we could speak somewhere private? I don't have a crazy amount of time but I can move around your schedule?" She had a thick Russian accent, hard for me to understand as I only really grasped the American accent.

"Sure, I'm on lunch, I have about 15 minutes unless something goes wrong." I nodded.

"Perfect! Walk with me outside?" She asked and I nodded.

We walked outside and she stepped in front of me.

"I am the elder sister of my brother Zion Morozov. He runs an... empire of sorts. He was doing research I suppose although I don't know much and he saw your name. At 23, best trauma doctor around with a nursing minor in college to be able to do IV's and things typically doctors don't do." She said and I nodded.

"He wants you to work for him personally. I'm not sure the details other than to hand you this card and tell you that you'd make a little over a million a year." She nodded.

I paused, taking the card.

"Million?"

"Yes, six zeros." She laughed.

"But he is in New Orleans?" I asked.

"Mmhm."

"Did you come here for this?"

"Of course. Money does a lot of things, Kaia. But if you're interested, call him. If it goes well, you get a free flight. No cost for travel, etc." She nods.

"Uhm, is this a scam?"

She pulled out her ID.

It was real and her name.

"He's... demanding in some ways. So be quick. But I hope to see you in the future. Do svidaniya." She squeezed my arm before walking away.
Goodbye.

A million.

In the state of Washington I didn't even make half that. I made a a lot for here which was about a third.

But damn.

I'd definitely call for details then make my choice.

Once in a lifetime deal...