It was the first time I've ever left home. I was only going to be four hours away from my house. Four Rivers University was one of the greatest schools in Minnesota. My whole life, I had been in the world of hockey. My father was a coach at our high school, one of the best coaches in the state of Minnesota. And that's not because he was my father. I would practice twenty-four seven. My father trained me to be the best of the best. My mother, on the other hand, wasn't very accepting of my decision. She thought that hockey was more of my father's dream than mine. But she was wrong. It was ours. I have wanted this ever since I was a child.  To be the best female hockey player. 

       A knock sounded at my door as I had just finished packing my suitcase. I zipped the last one as I took one last look at my room. I couldn't help but feel a little emotional as I was leaving home. 

        "Come in!" I yelled. 

          "You ready?" My father asked. 

           "Yeah." I lied. 

            I let out a heavy sigh as my father began to grab some of my suitcases. I felt like I wanted to throw up. My heart was in my throat as I could feel the vile on my tongue. 

           "You're gonna do great, Loren." My father assured me. 

            I give him a tight-lipped smile. 

            "I'm gonna be the only girl on the team, dad. They're gonna destroy me." We were now walking down the stairs to the opened front door. 

              My father stayed silent. He knew it was true. 

              We head towards my jeep. There was barely any space for any more suitcases. My mother helped me organize most of my belongings. She was always the most organized out of the four of us in this family. Though my brother was five, he had an excuse to still be messy. 

             My mother was standing by my jeep. It was basically my child, even though it's going to have me killed one day. It was my favorite car, my first car. 

             My mother was wearing a white blouse that had ruffles in the front. The sleeves were loose as she wore yellow flowy pants. Her hair was pulled back in a loose ponytail. She was an English teacher at the elementary school. I know, it's ironic that both my parents work in the school district. 

            My father puts the last suitcase in my car. He rubs the back of his bald head. Then, he places his hands on his hips as he lets out a sigh. My father was nervous, maybe more nervous than I was. His eyes were squinting due to the sun glaring in his eyes. He was a very fit man and very tall. People who pass by make sure to stay away, but in reality, my father was just a child. 

            "I guess this is it." I looked at my parents. 

              My mother had her arm wrapped around my father's arm as she leaned her head on his shoulder. 

              "Call us when you get there?" My mother asks. 

       "I will." I promised. 

         I gave them one last hug before I left. Ziggy wasn't home, as he was with his friend as he knew he would take it the hardest for me to leave.  We had a close bond. If I left, my brother would be in tears, throwing a tantrum that I was leaving. 

          "Bye!" I waved as I walked up the driveway. 

            "Bye honey!" My parents say back. 

     I started my car. I looked at my house one last time. No longer will I have to sneak out from the rooftop to run towards the pier to hang out with friends. No more sneaking out to parties with Sylvia as we would end up getting caught by the cops and my parents finding out. 

    No more team dinners at the house as we all tried our best to find a seat. Our house wasn't big enough for thirty boys. 

    I slowly started to back up out of the driveway as I waved my last goodbye at my childhood home.