Chapter 9

The common misconception about Harlow Russell and I is that we engaged in sexual acts prior to me introducing her to my brother. We may have been the highest rated pornstars during our time but there was nothing going on between us, we barely even knew of eachother. 

The only reason why I introduced Harlow to Angelo is because I knew that she had a pure heart and that she was a good mother to her child. I never thought about getting married again or having more children but I knew that my younger brother was in a similar boat with a child from a previous relationship.

It may not have been love at first sight between them but they spent some time away from Hollywood and came back attached to the hip. A small part of me thought that my brother would forgive me for the hurt that I caused him but he continued to avoid me at every family event. 

Harlow has tried to mend our broken brotherhood but I let her know that I didn't want my relationship with my brother to start affecting their marriage. 

Only Angelo can change himself.

"Did you ever fancy me?" Harlow asks as I take a deep drag of my cigarette and I let out a cough while laughing at her question. "You never told me if you ever watched my movies."

"Fuck, I used to masturbate to all your shit." I joke as we share a laugh. "I didn't fancy you but I had seen some of your movies during our prime days and I remember that they pitched this idea about me making a movie about you."

She raises her brow in surprise, "Oh really?"

"They wanted me to mastaburate to one of your movies in hopes that we would come together for the collab of the decade." I shrug my shoulders. "I was content with what I did so I shot that idea down."

"Do you ever miss those days?"

I think about it for a moment, "The difference is that I did what I did out of the love and passion that I had for it. Sure, it made me quite a lot of money but it wasn't about that."

"I get you." Harlow smiles at me. "I wanted to pave my own path so I started making movies and I was pretty surprised to see how much it blew up. I fucked up by getting pregnant by one of the producers early on in my career but I'm so grateful for it as it taught me so much and gave me my Ava."

We spend a few more minutes discussing my documentary which I believe is the best project that I have ever put out.

"Do you think that you will ever sing again?" Harlow's question takes me by surprise. Retiring from music was a pretty difficult one as it's where I got my start and I do miss it from time to time but that lifestyle was crazy.

"I'm always singing." I chuckle to myself. "When I first retired from the industry, everybody assumed that I would return to it but I never did. I quit porn for my first child and quit music for my second child so everybody needs to be happy that I kept these bills paid."