2.

Conner carries a glass of water into the bedroom as he sets it down on the table by the window where his laptop is rested. He takes a seat beside me as I take a sip of water from the glass.

"So what should we start on first?" He asks as he opens the laptop. Our eyes meet and he gives me a friendly smile, his green eyes light up.

"We should probably start with the beginning of World War One." I tell him, he nods and clicks on the slide show button of Google Docs.

"Okay. I'll start typing some of it if you want to take turns with the slides." He suggests, I nod my head.

"Sure." I smile up at him.

Conner begins working on one of the slides before turning the laptop to face me as I begin working on another. I add in a few pictures on the sides as well.

"So.. Uh, are you seeing anyone?" He suddenly asks me, my eyes flicker up at him.

"No, I'm not." I pause. "What about you?"

He shakes his head. "Nah.. I've haven't dated in a while." He clears his throat.

"Oh.." I sheepishly respond. McKenna was right, he's definitely going to ask me out, why else would he be asking me this? But this is going to make things so awkward, I'm in love with someone else.

"Do you want me to work on the next slide?" He asks suddenly changing the subject.

"Sure." I smile over at him. Geez, Hazel, stop smiling so much you're going to get his hopes up.

"You know, you have a really beautiful smile." He compliments, my cheeks get warm.

"Oh, um, thank you." I awkwardly reply, but I try to sound friendly.

When I finish typing on the current slide I turn the laptop back over to him as he begins typing away.
We begin making small talk about the weather for a few minutes as he continues typing, we've gotten so much done in the past thirty minutes that I've been here. I think we should call it for today, my brain is officially tired of reading and typing.

Conner finish typing the last sentence before letting out a big sigh.

"Well, I don't know about you but I think we should stop for today." He says lightly smiling.

"Yeah, my brain is tired." I joke, he smirks.

"Mine too." He replies standing up and stretching. I copy him by standing up too and grabbing my purse from the floor.

"Well, I'd better go. Thanks for having me over." I tell him politely.

"Yeah, sure, anytime." He responds kindly.

"See you Monday." I say as I make my way out of his room.
My legs carry me down the stairs of the nice two story house before I make my way to my car.
Once I'm in my car, I dial McKenna's number and put her on speaker phone as I begin to drive.

"Hey, girl. What's up?" She says, I can hear crunching in the background.

"What's that sound?" I ask curiously.

"I'm eating chips." She giggles softly.

"Oh." I softly respond. Chips sound good right now..I'm kind of hungry. "Guess where I'm about to head?"

"Let me guess.. Last night you told me you might be staying the night with Seth. So, his place?"

"Yep." I lightly giggle.

"You're so lucky your parents let you spend the night with the guy you're in love with. My parents don't even let me close the door when Chandler comes over."