Chapter 4: The Duel

Chapter 4: The Duel

Zalazar looked at Lila with a puzzled expression. He didn't understand why she wanted to fight Nyakura, the son of Velios, the demon king. He could tell that Nyakura was still inexperienced and naive, and he felt a sense of loyalty and affection for him.

"Lila, why are you doing this?" he asked. "You can see that the young master is still green. He doesn't have the skills or the knowledge to be a demon king. Why do you want to challenge him to a duel?"

Lila sighed and adjusted her armor. She held her halberd firmly in her hands. She looked at Zalazar with a serious gaze.

"That's exactly why I'm doing this, Zalazar," she said. "I don't think the prince knows what he's getting into. He may be the son of our king, but he's not ready to take his place. He's not ready to face the four heroes who are destroying our world. He's not ready to lead our people. I hope this duel will make him realize that and keep him safe."

Zalazar shook his head and frowned. He too was worried about Nyakura's fate, but he didn't think that fighting him was the best way to help him.

"Lila, I respect you as a general and a friend, but I don't agree with you," he said. "You may be right that the prince is not ready, but he's still our King's son and successor. He has his father's blood and spirit in him. He may surprise us with his potential and his courage. He may grow into a great demon king, if we give him a chance. Fighting him will only hurt him and us."

Lila looked at Zalazar with a hopeful expression. She wanted to believe that he was right about Nyakura, that he had the potential to be a great demon king. She wanted to trust him and follow him, as she did with Velios.

"I hope you're right, Zalazar," she said. "I hope the prince will surprise us and prove himself worthy of his father's legacy."

As she said that, she felt a sudden heat in her cheeks. She blushed and looked away, feeling embarrassed and confused. She felt something stir in her chest, something she had never felt before.

Zalazar noticed her change of expression and tilted his head. He wondered what was wrong with her. He had known her for a long time, and he had never seen her act like this.

"Lila, are you okay?" he asked. "You look... different."

Lila stuttered and tried to hide her face. She didn't want to admit what she was feeling, but she couldn't lie to Zalazar. He was her friend and her comrade, and he deserved the truth.

"I-I'm sorry, Zalazar," she said. "It's just that... as a succubus, I can tell when someone is a virgin or not."

Zalazar blinked and realized what she meant. He chuckled and gave her a pitying look. He didn't know that Nyakura was a virgin, but he guessed that he had no experience or interest in women.

"Lila, you poor thing," he said. "You're like a starving lioness who sees a juicy piece of meat, but can't reach it. And not only that, but the meat is also oblivious to your hunger and doesn't even look at you."

Lila felt more embarrassed and angry at his words. She glared at him and clenched her fists.

"Shut up, Zalazar," she said. "You don't understand anything. It's not like I want to eat him or anything. I just... I just..."

Zalazar could only chuckle as his friend struggled to explain herself.

"Dooh, your so annoying!" She trailed off and muttered something under her breath. Zalazar strained his ears and tried to catch what she said.

"What did you say?" he asked.

Lila sighed and repeated herself louder.

"I said, the prince didn't react to me at all," she said.