Chapter 13: Your Boy

Finally ported this over. Writing this was enjoyable, to say the least. A familiar face returns in this chapter!

'A Golisopod?' Ash thought in confusion. The Hard Scale Pokémon merely turned around and growled in a sort of greeting.

Max also seemed confused, although his face was mixed with rage (or psychosis). "Who was that?" he demanded. "You're in for it this time!"

The other five traitors were also looking around for Ash's mysterious savior, but a prompt laugh cut their need to search.

Ash (and the others, be it friend, rival, or traitor) turned toward the source of the laughter, and Ash saw a familiar white-haired individual.

As he tried to remember the name of the person who had just saved his life, Max shouted "Who the hell are you?"

The response from the man was him walking up to Max, and sneering in his face.

"You heard him," Paul interjected. "Who are you?"

The man crossed his arms and laughed tauntingly in his face. "The hated boss who beats you down, and beats you down, and never lets up..." he recited, smirking. "Yeah. Big bad Guzma is here!"

The memory clicked into Ash's brain as he stared in shock at the ex-Team Skull boss. Things certainly had changed from the last time he saw him years back. His gold chain was removed, as were his Team Skull tattoos. The gold sunglasses he always wore had been replaced by a pair with symmetrical lenses. Though very hard to see through the bag of golf clubs on his back, Ash could see a red X painted on the Team Skull insignia on Guzma's jacket.

Calem looked in thought for a few moments.

"Oh yeah, you're that one guy in the Manalo League who went cheap with bug-type Pokémon, weren't you?" he realized.

Misty wrinkled her nose at the last few words.

"Anything is legal as long as it still sits within a small amount in the rules," Guzma responded. "Even when stretching the rules to its bounds, Ketchum's shown who the superior trainer is."

"LIAR!" Max shouted. "Ash is a complete weakling. The only way he's been winning if he's not using drugs is by brutalizing weaklings lower than him!" ("How nostalgic," Guzma muttered smirkingly.) "If I ki- defeat him now, the rest of the world will know the fact that he's a cheat, not to mention him snatching legendary Pokémon from the wild. I'll bring a victory for the rest of the world!"

Guzma rolled his head back and laughed. "No ya won't, you dumb kid!" He scoffed, "You won't be succeeding with an attitude like that. Ketchum here has shown me better. And yet, here you are, attacking someone for being better than you and saving your skins many times in the past."

"Lies," May snarled. "All Ash brings with him is destruction. People get caught in the crossfire."

Yet again, Guzma laughed. "Yo Ketchum," he called, turning to Ash, "mind if I join the fray?"

"The more, the merrier," Ash shrugged.

Guzma turned back to the crowd of traitors, grinning. "I gotta say," he interjected, "you're wrong about one thing: Ketchum doesn't bring destruction."

"You don't kn-"

"It follows him," Guzma finished, sneering at May. "Wanna see what destruction looks like? Here it is in human form—it's your boy Guzma! Golisopod! Liquidation on her dumb Blaziken!"

Another white blur, mixed with blue, slammed into Blaziken.

"Blaze Kick that bug-type for the super effective hit!" May countered.