Chapter 9: Depression

So. Still no OCs coming in. The story is coming really close to hiatus due to a lack of people suggesting ideas, but I really don't want to do this. I suck at making OCs. I need your help.

Don't think others can do it for you. If I wanted to summarize how I feel with a Prequel Meme, here it is:

 If I wanted to summarize how I feel with a Prequel Meme, here it is:

Once again, please help out. I'm running out of ideas

Edit: I've just realized that Wattpad doesn't support URLs, so I've created a short link for the OC form. It should be easy to type

tinyurl.com/GP25OC

Anyway, here's the story:

Beep...Beep...Beep...

The sound continued to play in a simple rhythm that sounded to Ash's ears. It was the only thing that broke the protruding silence in the room next to the ER. He sat on the bench in silence as Pikachu and Espeon sat with him, both of them seeing him come back on Garchomp, making them curious. Garchomp and Gloria stood near the glass, both gazing at the young Electric type being treated by Callum in the other room.

Ash was never this quiet, which didn't sit well with the others. He was told by Nurse Joy that Jolteon was lucky that the Shadow Sneak didn't hit anywhere else, otherwise he would've been in a cast. Ash was relieved to hear that, but Nurse Joy also said he would not be able to move excessively for a few days, even with Callum on the job.

Ash was thinking about what else he should have done differently. The first thing that popped was to just give up the omelette, but Max's ego is so big that he probably wouldn't get away with that. The second was to alert the others, but this is his problem. He doesn't really want them involved with his former friends, but the tag battle, Ash had no choice. So now all he feels is slight depression.

"Why did I go through with it?" He asked himself.

"Pika pi..." The little mouse Pokemon patted his trainer for reassurance. He hated seeing him like this. A state of mind that little to nothing can fix except for time.

"Espe..." Even Espeon tried her own attempt at easing him by rubbing against his leg, an action that she normally only does for Anabel.

"Garr? Garrr..." Garchomp walked up to Ash and placed his claw on his trainer's shoulder, making Ash snap out of his trance.

He looked around and saw all three of them giving reassurance. He flashed a smile and pet each of them for a moment. "I appreciate that. Thanks. I'm just sad that it came to this."

All three of them nodded in understanding.

"What...what exactly happened Ash?" Gloria asked, still not breaking her gaze at Jolteon in the other side of the glass.

Ash explained everything that went up to the current situation, but as shocking as the events were, Gloria only gave a few small gasps or understanding nods.