03:

"Do you know how hard it is, to be the one to fix you?"

---

Mae is gone, lord knows what Matt is doing to her. Knowing he's hurting her. He's screaming and throwing things. Screw my birthday and the party and any of it. Mae is my friend and I need to get her out of there.

That girl has held me together for years and I'm gonna do the same. I gotta get Jack and figure this out. I sit down on the couch, the party ended two hours ago, and the only thing left is to clean. Mae is my number-one priority right now. I pull my phone out and text jack.

Me: Jack come back downstairs we need to talk

Jack: What's going on?

Me: It's Mae again

Jack was down sooner than I thought he'd be. I heard his footsteps.

"Zach, what's going on with her? Is everything okay?"

"He fucking hits her"

"What?" his eyes are wide, "What do you mean he hits her? Matt?"

"She was just here, she came back from the party. She and Matt got into a fight... the bruise, her eye. She said he gets violent. I don't know man we need to get her out of there."

"Yeah no shit, but we can't just get her. Slow down, Zach."

I take a deep breath, poor Mae I can't get her off my mind. Maybe if I just talked to her more... I would've known what was going on.

"What do we do?" I ask.

"Talk to her in the morning, we just need things to relax we don't know the full story yet."

Neither of us knows what we're doing, I just want to help her. I want her to be happy, I just want to see her. I sit down my hands holding my head. Jack hands me a drink, the most I can do is wait for her to text me or call me. I hope she's okay.

Soon the boys start cleaning up the house, this is something that might get my mind off of things, I don't know.

---

Maes POV:

I was back home, I did end up going to the store for a few things. I open my front door and Matt isn't anywhere to be seen. I set the grocery bags down and go back to lock the door. Matt is standing in front of the door.

"Hey baby," I say a little startled.

"Mae, where did you go?"

"Just to the store? What are you talking about?"

"To the store and to Zachs or were you just not going to tell me?"

"Matt, what the fuck are you talking about?" How did he know..?

Matt started walking up closer to me. He pushed me up by the wall grabbing my wrist."Where did you go Mae?"

"To the store, I already told you!" The pressure was building in my throat.

"Where were you?" He asked one more time. His forehead was pressing up against mine pushing me back. He slowly was adding more pressure to where he was holding me. I give in.

"Zachs," I whisper.

"Zachs.." He throws in a short breath. "Fucking Zachs."

He turns around grabs my shoulders pulls them up and slams my back against the wall. He turns around and walks back to the bedroom. I know I can't go anywhere I pull myself off of the wall and walk to the living room.

I have things to do tomorrow, I just need to sleep. I sit on the couch and pull my shoes off. Take off my leggings and grab the throw blanket from the chair. I throw the blanket out and just lay on the couch. I can't sleep in the same bed with him tonight.

I Pull out my phone and see the text from Zach.

Zach: Call me if anything happens

I text him back.

Me: Hi just got home everything is good. The party was great. Happy 20 :)