01:

"It's hard to act like I don't think about you sometimes"

---

"Zach!" I heard faintly from across my bedroom," Wake up man, it's noon and your birthday!"

"I know, I know" I rubbed my eyes to see Jonah standing by the side of my bed.

I rolled back over and layed my head facing my pillow, "Give me a minute, and get me a Redbull while you're at it?"

"Only because it's your Birthday." Jonah left the room and I sat up, I stretched my arms and placed my feet on the ground. I opened the bathroom door and looked in the mirror. I want chicken tenders, I thought. I quickly pulled my phone out and door-dashed chicken tenders from Arby's.

---
Soon enough it was time to party, I had a shit ton of friends and friends of friends at my house. Music was blasting in the air, there were drinks and amazing food but I was only looking for one thing, Mae.

Mae was one of my best friends, we had gone to the same high school, and when I dropped out for Why Don't We she stayed and decided to finish her career path. She now goes to college and is getting a degree in brain stuff. I don't blame the girl, she now has a stable future while I'm stuck with four other idiots who make music. Don't call me wrong I love my bandmates but I just wish me and Mae were together all through high school.

I turned around to see a familiar face, "Mae!" I called out opening my arms.

"Hey loser, hows 20 treating you?" She asked hugging me back.

"Not too bad," I chuckled.

"And I'm sure you've met Matt," Matt was her long-term boyfriend who she Met freshman year of college.

"Hey, Zach."

"Hey Matt," I smiled as we shook hands.

"So how about I get you guys a drink, over there is beer pong which I'm sure none of you are too interested in, and over there is Daniel on the roof... jumping in the pool...if you don't mind I'll be joining him," I smirked and walked away and made my way to the roof.

---

Mae's POv:

It was great to see Zach again, and it's amazing what he's become. His music career was taking off and it's going great for him.

"Matt, about Zach, you like him?"

"What's there to like..?"

"A lot of things, he's great"

"He's immature Mae, what else is there to say?"

"Why don't I get us a drink," I made myself away from Matt and to the drink table, I don't understand what the issue was. Zach was amazing, he's been there for me through and through, and Matt hasn't. Zach was an amazing friend and I'd kill to lose him.

-*Later in the night*-

"Hey Mae," I looked around, "Where is Matt?" I asked in a curious tone.

"No idea, he's off somewhere."

"Hm, well just between me and you, I'm pretty sure he doesn't like me"

"Right about that one."

"He doesn't seem right for you, you're in college. You're supposed to be having fun I just feel like he's holding you back now?"

"Zach I understand youre worried, but Matt... there's just something about him. I don't know"

I looked down at Mae's shoulder where I found a bruise," Hey what's that?" I point to it."

"Oh nothing," she said with an indirect tone.

"How'd you get it?"

"Matt was playing baseball in the backyard and screwed me with one of his fastballs while pitching."

"Ah, I see," I see Matt coming over here, "Here comes Mr. Party pooper," Mae giggled.

"Hey babe," Matt greeted Mae.

"Hi," she smiled.

"Can I talk to you for a second, upstairs maybe?"

"Yea!" She sat her drink down on the coffee table and walked upstairs with Matt.

---
Mae's POV:

Matt walkd up the stairs leading me behind him when we reached a bathroom, he opened the door and we went inside.

"I saw you talking to Zach, what did he say about that?" he was talking about the bruise.

"I just told him you accidentially got me with one of your fastballs while pitching, I didnt say anything."

---
3rd Person

Matt and Mae walked back down the stairs, Mae kept her head down, while holding Matt's hand. They were heading for the door when Zach approached them, "Leaving already?"

"Yea shes tired" Matt interrupted.

Mae looked up and smiled," Mae your eye, why is it red?" Zach asked in a troubled tone.

"Allergies," she said quickly.

"Well I'll see you guys later...?" he waved them goodbye as they left.

Zach stood there confused trying to figure out why she had that on her eye...