Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

"I can say the same mrs. Valentine." I turned around to face my best friend and the devil she calls girlfriend.

"Duvall." I acknowledged Hayley's presence.

"Kaden."

"Morgan!" Morgan added herself into the short greeting.

I rolled my eyes at her and went to give her a hug. "Hey dumbass."

"About time you arrived." I saw Hayley turn and walk inside the house—leaving the two of us alone out here as mrs. Valentine went with her.

"What's up with her?" I asked referring to her girlfriend.

"She's kinda mad at me still." Morgan explained.

"Because of the Elizabeth thing?" I asked and she nodded. "How did that go? I thought she killed you when you didn't call."

"She... didn't." The sight of Morgan's cheeks reddening made my mouth fall agape.

"Oh my god?"

"Shut up!"

"I didn't even say anything." I put my hands up and tried not to laugh.

"I know you Kaden, you'll make fun of me."

She's right.

"You are such a bottom." I said and earned a smack on the stomach—not stopping my laughter.

"I'm not a bottom. We switch!" Morgan tried to fight me on that, but I don't know who she was trying to fool.

Not me certainly.

"Morgan, we used to have sex too and you bottomed every time." Morgan kept swatting me—her cheeks even redder now. It was hard to contain my laugher, so I didn't.

"I hate you." She grumbled once she got tired of hitting me and made her way into the house.

"Aren't you going to help me with my bag?"

"Fuck you!" She yelled and kept walking away.

It's good to be home.

I entered the house and found it strange that I haven't seen mr. Valentine or Matty around yet. Morgan was alone on the couch on her phone.

"Where's your dad and brother?"

"They are at the park." Morgan looked at my bag in hand and stood up. "Come on I'll take you to your room, which is in the basement, the one that was upstairs is now Matty's."

I followed her down stairs where there was a queen sized bed and plasma on the window with gaming consoles that lead me to believe belong to Morgan. There was two recliner chairs in front of the TV and a door that what I imagine leads to the bathroom.

"This is nice." I put my bag besides the bed and threw myself on it—feeling the jet lag begin to hit me.

"Rest up and get some sleep, I'll come to get you for dinner later." I heard Morgan said once I closed my eyes.

I sighed and took off my shoes, "When are Jase and Norah arriving?"

"Tomorrow before we head for the cabin."

I hummed, "Is Elizabeth still invited to the trip?"

"Hayley didn't let me disinvite her, she said I would have to deal with it now... I'm scared shitless but other than that I'm fine." Morgan shrugged.

"Dude I'm scared for you."

"You are so helpful Kaden." She said sarcastically.

"I try, now sorry but I'm going to sleep a bit." I laid back on the bed—hands behind my head.