Secrets at Supper

The next day I woke up smiling and glanced at my clock, it was only 7:26am there was still about 13 hours before I would meetup with Sadie for the Christmas dinner. my new suit hung on the back of my door in its cover. what was i going to do for 13 hours? I could get Sadie some flowers closer to dinner time but id still have to wait a while. I decided to get up and shower since that was the only thing that would come to mind, i stepped out of my dorm with my change of clothes and shower caddy in hand, I was shirtless since no-one would be around to see me without one, at least i thought...

S :"JAMES! I understand there is no one in these dorms right now, however please refrain from leaving your dorm without a shirt!"

once again my embarrassment made my face red, however this time i wasn't the only tomato in the garden, after quickly putting my sweatshirt on, I apologized to Sadie.

J :"I AM SO SORRY SADIE I DIDNT THINK YOU'D BE HERE SO EARLY!!!"

S :"That's a-alright James..."

I looked at Sadie and could see her face was nearly as red as mine, i couldn't help but smile and chuckle a little bit.

J :"So now that I've effectively embarrassed myself twice, what's up Sadie?"

S :"I just wanted you to know that I'm looking forward to seeing your suit for this evening, y-you do have one yes?

J :"Oh yeah I picked it up yesterday"

S :"Wonderful! ill see you this evening, now if you'll excuse me I have some last minute grades to file"

J :"Of course see you later!"

I stood still in the hall, face still red, and pitching a tent as I shuffled to the showers. excitement filled my mind as I sang to my music in the shower, afterwards I got dressed and went to have breakfast in the lunch hall, most of the kitchen staff was gone except for Emilio the head cook, he was mute and didn't talk much, but he knew I wanted a simple eggs and bacon every morning with an orange to keep things healthy. in less than 6 minutes i was at one of many empty tables eating breakfast, and Emilio cleaned up and left even though he'd be back later to help with the dinner

as I left the hall I was stopped by my Japanese Professor, Prof. Shen Smith.

SS:" Heya James I didn't know you stayed for the holidays!"

J:" Oh hey Mr. Smith, yeah I chose to avoid my family this year haha"

SS:" I feel that bud, are you coming to the campus dinner this year? you know you'll need a partner right?

J:" Yeah i heard, Sa- I mean Professor Lockhart didn't have a partner so I offered to go with her"

SS:" oh good! she told me she hadn't found a partner to go with, so I'm glad she found someone. I gotta get going but you guys have fun and have her home before 11! heheh I'm just busting your chops bud, see ya later!

As I waved goodbye to Mr. Smith I looked at my watch and realized I was all caught up for the day with 11 hours left before dinner. so I trekked through the snow and back to my dorm. I decided with little to do I grabbed my phone and threw on my suit for the evening, took a pic and sent it to my friends on snapchat with the caption "Christmas dinner on campus, got myself a hot date tonight" in a matter of seconds I had all my friends calling me and blowing me up with texts, "dope ass suit dude!" "you fat fucker who is she" "she got a friend?" "she cute or what?" I sent a text back saying "all in good time fuckers"

With only an hour left before dinner I started for Sadie's office with white roses in hand. with a firm knock I waited for her to answer, i heard the door open and took a deep breath. she was stunning, her beautiful blue eyes shimmered in the fluorescent lighting of the hall, her green dress hugging every soft curve on her figure, she was the embodiment of graceful beauty i never realized i had been staring for the past 30 seconds.