007. ꕥ Chaos' Finest Hour

Screaming never meant anything good — never. So imagine the panic that arose when Miller arrived back at where Wonkru had stopped and set up camp for the night, yelling like a madman and waving his arms frantically with an unconscious Obika over his shoulder.

Immediately everyone rushed from where ever they had been before the what could've been called peace was disrupted, running to where Miller was racing towards us — par from Clarke, who announced that she was getting a med kit. Questions were thrown at Miller, asking what happened as everyone crowded around the two scouts, forming a circle. Miller put Obika on the ground, and it was only then that I realized he was screaming along with everyone else.

He was thrashing along the ground, clawing at his stomach, pushing the fabric of his shirt and armor up his chest to further reach his torso. The screams leaving Obika's mouth were wretched — he sounded as though he was in agonizing pain. I stood amongst the crowd, staring helplessly at Obika, utterly clueless about how to help him, barely feeling when Callan came running behind me, just as baffled at the sight as I was.

Once the initial shock came over me, I went to Miller, who was panting feverishly, overwhelmed out of his mind, and I had to ignore the way Bellamy followed, probably moving to do the same thing I was. "Miller, Miller. Hey, hey. Calm down. Tell us what happened."

I looked between Miller's eyes as panic repeatedly flashed through them. "I don't know! We just—"

"Out of my way. I can help." Clarke came rushing onto the scene with a med kit in hand, attempting to make it to Obika, only she was stopped when Cooper held out a hand to her chest.

"Not you." Cooper stated.

My eyes went over to Octavia as hers cast down to where Obika was still screaming and withering on the ground in pain... until he wasn't. Seemingly out of know where, he stopped moving, his chest rising up and down rapidly.

"Octavia!" I beckoned, the Blake girl's eyes not traveling over to me. "Let Clarke through."

Without a moment passing, Octavia ordered Cooper. "Let her in."

As soon as Cooper's hand was out of her way, Clarke fell to her knees next to Obika, placing two fingers on his neck. Octavia followed suit on the other side of the scout, watching intently at what Clarke was doing, and Callan followed behind Blodreina while I stayed beside Miller, who was still breathing heavily.

"He's alive, but his heart's racing." Informed Clarke.

Octavia's head shot up to where Miller and I stood, asking the latter, "What the hell happened out there?"

"We separated to cover more ground. Then I hear him screaming out that they're everywhere. Then I get to him, and there's nothing. It's just more screaming and—"

Miller was cut off when Clarke and Octavia bolted from where they were on their knees, both taking staggered steps back away from Obika, and when I found out why I could not blame them. My gaze was undeniably curious and a little fearful as to what I would see when looking back at Obika — inside his stomach, something was pushing against the skin from the inside, forming a bump against his skin as it shifted from within him. Whatever was circulating under Obika's flesh brought terror throughout camp as the realization dawned on everyone — there was something alive inside of Obika.

And the small part of me that wanted to believe this was a nightmare vanished when Clarke spoke it into reality. "There's something inside him."

After that, chaos erupted from Wonkru, people either moving to get as far away as they could from Obika or get as close as possible to see if what Clarke had said really was true. Through all the mayhem, I was shoved away from Miller, getting lost in the sea of people until I was forced against Bellamy, who had miraculously found his way to me. I glared up at him for a moment, forgetting all the things that were happening, the world going silent in my hatred before reality punched me in the gut, reminding me that we had bigger problems than my loathing of Bellamy Blake.