Chapter 32

Ashton's pov

After feeding Grace and tucking her in bed, I moved out of the room to let her rest in her privacy. I could take the guest room for today. But before that I needed to do something very important. Taking out my phone, I dialed a number.

"Find Elijah Worthing. I need him alive. And I need you to do some things for me," I gritted out trying to contain my anger.

"Yes boss," one of my men spoke on the other side of the phone before I hung up.

Taking a deep sigh I started moving towards the living room to check up on Adrian and Macy. They were still here, wouldn't leave without knowing if Grace was fine obviously. Stepping into the living room I saw them sitting in the center of the couch with tense shoulders.

"She's fine. Woke up for bit, ate some food and went back to sleep." I informed the couple. Adrian stood up taking a deep sigh and Macy followed him.

"I'm sorry about all of this happening on your engagement party. If it wasn't for my enemies, your special day wouldn't have to be ruined like this," I apologized feeling terribly guilty about the whole mishap.

"It's fine. I'm just glad everyone's alright now," he gave me a half sad smile tapping my shoulder once.

"I'll get a guest room prepared for you both to stay for the night," I offered them.

"That won't be necessary. Macy is tired too and pretty sure she needs a change of clothes. We'll just head back," he spoke before meeting my eyes with a deeper emotion held in his own. Grace was already changed into a fresh pair of sweats and a t-shirt owned by me by Macy. "Take care of her Ashton," he pleaded.

"With my life," I assured he didn't have to worry because now she was my responsibility. And one thing I know is how to handle my responsibilities well. 

After bidding them good byes, I made my way to the guest room to sleep. But it never came.

The next day came earlier than I thought and although telling Grace she should be home resting, she insisted she was fine and wanted to work. According to her, it would help her get back to her normal life and get over what happened.

Giving into her demands after much persistence, I first dropped her to Adrian's place to get dressed in her appropriate office attire. She then came back to get a ride to my office because today was one of the days she was supposed to work from my building. Getting in the car she sighed deeply and remained quiet for the rest of the ride. I didn't question her much and she continued looking out of the window before we reached out destination. Getting out of my car before she could, I ran up to her door to pull it opens for her. The guards in front of my building watched my behavior in shock as their eyes bulged out for their sockets. But did I give a damn about it? The answer is no. I didn't care anymore what I have to do in front of who if it is for Grace, I'll do it in a heartbeat. And not to forge to still need to win her and be on her good books.

Guiding her to my private elevator while everyone continued to give me weird looks, I ignored them and we made a beeline to our office rooms. I for today, made sure to not exert much pressure and work load on her, and timely went to her room to make sure she ate her lunch. But what I saw was she was passed out on her office chair, her head lulled to the side. Rushing up to her, thinking she fainted I shook her lightly form her shoulder bending down to her level before calling her name out.

"Grace?" Panic marked my voice. I called out her name twice before she moved a little and finally sat up with a jerk.

"Huh?" She looked at me confused.

"Are you alright? What happened love?"

"I.... I don't know. I was working and I guess I feel asleep."