"Daryl, I want you to take Kaia with you." Rick says. A grunt is followed by the question as he gives me a dirty look.

"I'm not happy about it either. No need to be rude, hick." I glared at him. Daryl shoots me a death glare back. How can a man with such little words be so rude? He took the saying 'being raised in a barn' too seriously. Acting like a whole goat. I hope the chupacabra comes to suck all his blood out. That way I won't have to kill him myself and I can get rid of him.

Before we set off, Daryl and I got told not to bicker or kill each other while out there. But I couldn't make promises I couldn't keep. Plus they're the ones who placed us together and then just expect us to not argue or kill each other after yesterday's brawl. Which I won, might I add. I'm very proud of it as well. I might need a trophy for it. Best hillbilly beater. It has a bell to it.

So far we came across 3 rotters and a lot of awkward silence but no child. It was too silent for my liking. If I had company, even a company I don't particularly enjoy, I would use it well and talk. "So... What is your favourite song?" I question him, while gripping my axe in my holster. Daryl grunts and gives me a side eye over his shoulder. Nice. Hello, my name is Daryl and my favourite song is 'Grunt'. Interesting fact. "You strike me as a Dolly Parton lover?" I reply back to his grunt. He continues on into the woods looking for possible tracks while I wander behind him. "Yes. That's it. Your favourite song is Jolene by Dolly Parton. Oh yeah I can see you getting jiggy to that song." He looks at me from over his shoulder again and I can see a slight smirk on his face mixed with an angry expression.

"I ain't like no Dolly Parton." He replies to me. Oh he definitely does. He just doesn't want to admit it. "Jolene, Jolene, Jolene, Jolene. I'm begging you please don't take my man." I sang skipping in front of him while twisting my axe in my hand. Suddenly a rotter appears in front of me and I swing my axe at its ugly head. I pull it back out while kicking the mouldy dickhead to the floor. "Please don't take him just because you can." I continue with my one man performance. Daryl grimaces at me while I continue to piss him off.

"Can ya' shut it now." he irks. Him complaining just makes me want to continue.

"Your beauty is beyond compare with flaming locks of auburn hair," I ruffle his hair, "ivory skin and eyes of emerald green. I'll stop if you sing along." It was a need to hear him sing Dolly Parton. It was something I needed to hear before I died which could be at any point so he better muster up his courage and belt those lyrics. "Ya' think I know the lyrics. Ain't no sissy." He shakes his crossbow at me.

"Oh you and I both know, you know those lyrics." I tease.

"I ain't no bitch." He bellows at me, stepping forward. I look up at his face as he towers over me. His shoulders puffed out and his face held the nasty look in the world. My heart beats a little faster for some unknown reason. No way was I actually intimidated by him. I could beat his ass with my right hand. I could do a lot with that hand to be fair. "Alright. Sorry Pocahontas." I push him away from me and continue walking. From that point on we had no more conversations. Well one sided conversations cause how could I have a conversation with grunts. I'd get more of a response from a brick wall. I was trying to be nice to him but he was just giving me the evils. I guess I won't try to be nice anymore. Fucking uncivilised hick.

Around noon I returned to the farm without the redneck since he wanted to keep looking even though there were no trails or anything. It was really like this little girl had disappeared from the face of planet earth. Maybe she got abducted by aliens. Which seems like a bit of a stretch. But we are currently living in a world filled with cannibal humans who are dead but also alive and walking, so the possibility is there. While everyone was resting and sitting around near their tents, I decided to get some water in my bottle from one of the many water sources on the farm. While I've been out struggling for my life drinking water from lakes and god knows where else, these guys have had clean fresh water to drink. I'd have to admit I was jealous for the privilege they had.