Altercations

Fights are considered to be part and parcel of any relationship. Many long-distance couples argue about similar issues. From sexual frustration built up from the lack of physical intimacy to a loss of emotional connection because of poor communication. While its normal and expected that couples fight, its the unproductive fighting that leads to a toxic relationship. With the help of effective communication, partners can express themselves, hear each other out and appreciate everyones point of view. When people try to co-exist (i.e. have a relationship) they may have different opinions about the same topic and different preferences for having things done a certain way. Disagreements are part of life, and that includes a romantic relationship.

After our last meet everything seems and felt pretty good but it was not for long period. Kartik told me he was expanding his business so he couldn't give me time as he used to give. I totally understand that he was to do something new and need my support and I had no problem with the time issues. We used to talk once in a day which was also not for a long time period but in that time too he just used to fight with me. He started controlling my emotions, my actions. He became so dominating in a negative way and started behaving like a psychic and whenever I try to solve the issue he used to yell at me for no fucking reason. At first I thought it's just work pressure that's why he is behaving like this with me and I should support him in his low phase as that's what partners are for, to become backbone of each other in their ups and downs.

One day during our call I told him my friends our organizing a party and they invited so I want to go there and he refused by saying that no, you can't go because I know you would wear short dress there in front of other boys and dance with them, I don't want my girl to dance with other boys plus it's not safe as you don't know anything how this world is....I didn't understand what he was trying to say as if I am dumb or what. At first his statement sounded like concern for me but no, it was not concern. It was something more like that " you can't hangout with your friends because you don't know how to keep up with the boys and I can't trust you with the boys when I am not with you." But I didn't altercate with him on that topic and ignored it.

After two or three days later Kartik told me he was going to a party with his friends. I was amazed at his statement and just spilled whichever was going in my mind at the specific of time. [ I was startled because if I would have to go out with my friends then I have to take his permission but if he wants to go then he would just inform me, how is that fair?] When I said so to him he was like you are a girl that's why you can't go out without my permission and also said something which made my decision of keeping him in my life regret. Kartik said that you are fucking whore and just wants to be with other boys even when you are in a serious relationship with me. I was so freaked out after listening this and hang up the call on his face.