Chapter 42

Quinton's POV

I hear a knock on my door, and I frown, because no one's supposed to be here at this time of the day.

I quickly stand up to see who's here and I'm met by papa, he has a worried expression on his face, which makes me worry too.

"What's going on?" I ask him.

"Leif had a small accident, and he's in the pack hospital right now." Papa says, so I quickly take my kids, and I go down the stairs, with papa following right behind me.

When we reach the pack hospital, we go straight to the room that smells like Leif's blood.

The good thing is that there's no blood on the floor, so I'm sure that it's not that bad.

I also wonder if Emery is alright, because he was with Leif when he got hurt, and I really hope that they're both alright.

I let papa open the door for me, because I have a kid in each hand, then I go inside.

The first thing that I see that my mate is laying on the hospital bed, and the Doctor is trying to put a cast on the most likely broken arm.

Leif smiles at me, and I quickly go towards him, before I sit down next to him.

"What happened?" I ask him.

"Some kids were playing in their wolf forms, and one of their friends scared them, which made one of the kids run straight at me." He tells me.

"And where's Emery?" I ask, but I already know that he's alright, otherwise Leif wouldn't be this calm about it.

"He there." Leif says, and he points at the other side of the room.

I look there, and I see a small crip, which most likely has my kid in.

So, I stand up, with the other two kids still in my hands, and I go towards the crib, before I put the kids in it, so they can sleep next to their brother.

Then I rub Emery's head, and I go back to my mate.

The Doctor leaves us not much later, but he tells us that Leif will have to stay here for a while, because he has a concussion.

So, I lay on the bed next to him, and he puts his good arm around me.

We watch a few movies, before the Doctor says that we can go, then we go take the kids, and we go back to the house.

I'm happy that the kids slept through the whole visit in the hospital, because I wouldn't want to leave Leif there, so I could get the milk for them.

We feed the kids, before we put them into their cribs, which are still in our bedroom.

"We will have to finally make a room for them." I remind Leif.

We got used to the fact they the kids are mostly staying here, so we forgot that they still don't have their own room.

"Yeah." Leif agrees, so I smile, and I try to imagine how their room will look like.