"Um, I'm leaving tonight by the way." I mumble to her.

"Oh, sweetie, why?" She turns to me, concerned.

"I just um, I forgot I had to go to this thing for my brother."

"It's because of Hailey isn't it?" She says.

I've grown up with Ms. Graham. She's basically a second mother to me at this point. She knows everything about me and she definitely knows when somethings wrong.

"Yeah." I reply, staring at the pots and pans in the sink.

She brings me to the couch and asks for me to tell her everything. After many tears and hugs she gives me some advice.

"Not every friendship is going to be smooth. You cannot control your feelings, hon. It's just, weird for her, you know?" She says in a calm voice.

"Yeah, but what if we never talk again? I mean I'm leaving tomorrow anyways."

"I think you should stay. Look, this sounds like a very serious argument you two had, but she has no choice but to come around and talk to you."

"I lied to her though."

"And she hasn't lied to you? I love Hailey, she's my daughter. But she does have tendencies to act out at things that maybe aren't that big of a deal."

"I guess you have a point." I say, thinking.

"You have to stay the night anyways. I suggest you tell your mom to have you stay the whole day tomorrow. If she's still mad then I'll drive you home."

I hug her again and thank her for the advice. I go up to mine and Hailey's room and I text my mom. She agreed and let me stay.

I hear another knock on my door. I open it and It's the same person who I slapped hours ago.

"Hey." He says.

"Hi." I reply.

"Uh, I'm not doing anything tonight and I assume you aren't either, so do you want to like watch a movie?" He asks nervously.

"Not in your room."

"No, no. Like in the living room or something."

"Fine." Okay It didn't take much convincing from him, but it's true. I didn't have anything else to do tonight.

I sit on the couch and he searches through the pile of DVDs next to the television.

"The Breakfast Club?" He asks, holding up the box.

"Sure."

With that he shifts over to the DVD player and puts it in. He doesn't sit beside me but he isn't far away.

We watch in silence for the first thirty minutes until I the guilt in my body builds up and I basically puke up an apology.

"I'm sorry. For everything. And I'm really sorry for slapping you." I turn to him. He doesn't look back at me and keeps his eyes on the screen.

"It's all good. You were upset."

"No, but you were upset too. And you were supporting me and I didn't support you."

"It's over now."

"I don't ever want to be the reason you have that expression on your face again."

"Don't slap me again." He smiles, turning to me.

"Okay, I'm really sorry about that." I smile back.

"I know you are." He says, giving me a little shove.