11-Insomnia is a Bitch

a/n: over 1k views wtf ily guys

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

I rolled around in bed trying to get comfortable, it was already 2am and I had a long day of school and then coaching practice tomorrow. Like most nights, the only thing I could manage to do was stare at the ceiling and hope to fall asleep. I've dealt with insomnia all my life but at some point my mom stopped buying me melatonin gummies which made sleeping alone next to impossible. For a while the only other way I could sleep was next to Nagi, but that obviously wasn't an option anymore. I hadn't gotten a single good night of sleep since Nagi and I stopped being friends. I was tired, but mostly I just craved the physical touch of another human being.

Usually during the early hours of the morning the only thought in my head was Nagi Seishiro, but for the past couple of days it had been different. All the things Reo had said at the cafe kept replaying through my head..."So you and Nagi, huh?" Those last couple of words had haunted me ever since he said them. I just couldn't pinpoint why it bothered me so much. I tossed around under the covers. Why was I thinking about what he said so much? And when did I start caring so much about what Reo thought of me? Why did it bother me so much that Reo thought I had something with Nagi? It was almost like- no. When Isagi had mentioned rebound it was just supposed to be the pretty boy I could stare at in class. Not actually a cr- no. No way.

I impulsively pulled out my phone to distract myself but I ended up hovering over Reo's contact. "Get off my mind stupid purple boy," I mumbled to myself before clicking into our messages.

<Reo>

y/n

Reo

Reo

Reo

Reo

Wtf do you want it's 2am???

y/n

im boredjnvek

Reo

And you chose to bother me?

y/n

im not with nagi btw

just if you were curious ykykyk

Reo

Right...

Go to sleep y/n

y/n

wahhhh pleaase believe meee

he's a bitch and i dont ever wanna talk to him again

Reo

I'll believe you if you tell me what even happened between

you two. I used to see you guys like holding hands in the

hallways and corny shit like that.

y/n

ok but pls don't be mean and if you tell anyone i will hit you