Chapter Twelve

You wake up and just as the light from your room hits your eyes everything from last night hits you and your brain is back into overload. Overthinking everything again, going through the exact same thoughts as last night. It's kind of pathetic that you can't even go to sleep and wake up with a fresh mind. No you have to still be worrying about a kiss with a guy you've been on how many dates with now. I mean you technically would have had to fuck up really bad for him to be turned off at this point but in your head you have fucked up really bad. You lay in before for a couple minutes just staring at your ceiling as your mind races. It's not till you desperately need the bathroom that you leave you bed, go use the bathroom and find yourself looking at yourself in the mirror. What am I going to do. I could skip the gym and avoid seeing Zach too invite the girls over and have the conversation with them. Or I could go to the gym pray that I don't run into Zach, not have to deal with telling the girls and their reaction and get a workout in. Seriously why could I not have a normal reaction to our first kiss. A cute romantic one. No instead and had to get all overwhelmed and freak out. Whatever there is really only one option. I have to go to the gym. My mind is already so overwhelmed with all my thoughts I couldn't possibly expect it to handle the task of finding answers to the girls reactions.
With having sorted out the first obstacle of your situation you get changed, grab everything you need and make your way to the gym.

Sitting in the gym parking lot you have to give yourself a minute to prepare because unfortunately while trying to find a park you spotted Zach's car

Sitting in the gym parking lot you have to give yourself a minute to prepare because unfortunately while trying to find a park you spotted Zach's car. Despite thinking of going home you know that you would then have to come back later in the afternoon to be able to get your workout in and you don't really know if you would have time to accomodate that so you just give yourself a minute to prepare before grabbing your stuff and walking inside.
At first everything is going well, you haven't ran into Zach yet and realistically if you stuck to yourself and stayed out of peoples or way you would be able to avoid him the whole time. Of course that's not how things work in your world though. Just as you're grabbing weights you run into someone else grabbing weights, someone you know. Someone you have been scared to face. Why, you don't know. Your brain has convinced you it's bad but I guess you'll find out considering he's already noticed it's you.
"Oh hey." He started.
"Hi." You responded nervously.
"When did you get here?" He asked.
"Only just a couple minutes ago."
"Oh okay." He responded as an awkward silence feel upon the two of you.
Finally breaking the silence a couple minutes later Zach says, "I'm sorry about last night...I should have kissed you without your permission or knowledge."
"No it's okay." You reply almost as a reflex. "Really it's okay."
"No really I shouldn't have done that. I mean you were clearly uncomfortable and didn't expect it."
"I wasn't uncomfortable." You correct him as your eyes meet each other.
"Really?"
"No. I was just overwhelmed and caught of guard. Which is why I'm sorry. I should have ran away from you. I couldn't imagine how shitty that probably made you feel."
"So you're still interested?" He asked with concern.
"Yes." You reply with a kiss on his lips as sudden boldness appears.
"Okay." He froze as you grabbed your weights and left him there.