Bullies

------

Hanni sighed as she opened her locker and shoved some books inside before going to lunch. She hated school. Don't get her wrong, she liked it at first. Learning things she never got to know growing up was fascinating. But she missed the rest of the party back in Australia. Sunoo only had a couple classes with her, and they didn't have the same lunch, which she hated most of all. Eating alone was lonely, but it also made her an easy target.

"Well well well, what do we have here?"

Hanni knew that voice. Wang Yiren and her gang. Maybe if she didn't respond and kept to herself they would go away.

"Hey, I'm talking to you, nerd." Yiren waved her hand in front of Hanni's face. Hanni looked up at her and furrowed her eyebrows, but refused to say anything.

"So, what do you have today?" The girl with jet black hair spoke as she looked closely at Hanni's food, invading her personal space.

"Be careful Min." Yiren chimed in. "She's eating school food. I guess her dad doesn't love her enough to pack her a decent lunch. Oh wait..."

"Shut up" Hanni said in a quiet but firm voice.

"Oh, so she can speak!" Yiren bent down and got in Hanni's face. "Well, at a first grade level." Yiren's comment was followed by snickers from her friends. Hanni tried to not let Yiren and Minji get to her, but it was really hard when they were constantly taunting her.

"Chocolate milk, interesting choice." Yiren continued, while picking up the carton. "It would be a shame if someone were to accidentally spill this."

"Yiren..." Minji knew what the blonde was about to do.

Ignoring Minji, Yiren dumped the chocolate milk on Hanni's head. Hanni quickly stood up and tried to shake the access off of her. Yiren and her gang started laughing and pointing at her. All except Minji, who just stood there with a blank stare on her face. Hanni grabbed her backpack and started walking quickly to the bathroom.

"Was that really necessary?" Minji questioned Yiren.

"Come on, don't be lame Minji." Yiren patted Minji's head and walked past her. Her friends followed her, and reluctantly, so did Minji.

Minji had grown to not like Yiren's antics. Sure, a little teasing was fine, but Yiren did too much sometimes. Especially when it came to Hanni. Minji didn't like messing with Hanni at all, but she felt like she had to, to fit in with the squad. There was just something about her that made her feel protective.

The next day, everyone had to present their history projects. After school, Yiren and her friends were outside making fun of Hanni's presentation. Minji didn't add much to the conversation. She wanted to talk about anything else. After  some time had passed, she saw that Hanni was about to walk past them, and she prayed Yiren wouldn't see. She thought she hadn't, until Yiren stuck her foot out, making Hanni fall to the ground. Her diorama hit the ground and pieces of it went everywhere.

"Aww, did I break your little hero's cabin?" Yiren mocked. Hanni didn't answer. Instead she started picking up the pieces and tried to salvage the project.

"I see she still can't talk" One of her friends continued.

"So sad"

Minji wanted to defend Hanni so badly, but she couldn't. All she could do was stand there and watch the scene unfold. People started crowding around them, making the situation worse.

"Go AWAY!" Hanni yelled, kinda shocking everyone. But Yiren wasn't phased. She had a fake offended look on her face.

"What? Are you saying we can't be besties?" Yiren said sarcastically, kicking Hanni's shoulder which knocked her all the way down to the ground. Yiren bent down and got in her face. "Good. I don't need a friend who barely passed kindergarten. Stupid."