Chapter 1

Danielle's POV

I swear to God Sebastian Everett is the most irritating, overbearing, fun-hating person I have ever met in my entire life. Granted I've never even spoken a word to the man, but still. What kind of person calls all the senior marketers to come in on a Sunday?

I should be snuggled up on my couch watching an episode of Criminal Minds in my oversized shirt and my favorite pair of boxers. Instead, I'm stuck in the most uncomfortable pencil skirt the world has ever created and a stained white shirt I'm desperately trying to cover with one of my curls.

Stepping into the elevator I see a blur of red hair racing towards the elevator doors before they close.

"Hey, wait for me," knowing that familiar melodic voice, I place my hand in front of the sliding door ensuring that my co-worker, and best friend, Samantha can get into the elevator.

"Oh my God, I love you so much, Dani. I did not want to be even a second late to this stupid meeting. Knowing Mr. Everett he would probably fire me just for daring to look in his direction," Sam rushed out. "Honestly what's so important that he couldn't wait until tomorrow?"

"Honestly and the fact that he is making me miss staring at season 2 Derek Morgan should be a crime," I responded. "Do you even know why he called this meeting in the first place?"

"I have no clue," Sam answered. Signature Mr. Everett Everett, having everyone at his beck and call to do God knows what. "I just hope he's paying us extra for coming in outside of office hours." I hummed my agreement to Sam's statement.

Finally reaching the top floor, because of course Mr. Everett needs a whole floor to himself, Sam and I exit the elevator and head right into the large meeting room on the floor joining our coworkers who have already arrived.

Looking at the clock in the room I realize there is just one minute to spare, and as soon as the second hand reaches the 12 Mr. Everett comes strolling in with his usual self-assured walk.

The thing is I'm not blind. Mr. Everett Everett is an attractive man. When I saw him at my first board meeting 6 months ago, that dark, almost black, hair had me itching to run my fingers through it. Paired with his piercing hazel eyes, and full bow-shaped lips.

Not even his stupid Armani-tailored suits could hide his well-defined muscles and tall frame. He probably has girls falling to their knees at one glance.

Until he opens his big fat mouth. In every meeting I've had with him he is rude, snaps without a thought of remorse or guilt, and has narcissistic tendencies that should be studied by professionals.

"Who did this?" Mr. Everett snaps snapping me out of my assessment of him. On the screen behind him, there is a digital mock-up of the proposal Mr. Everett had the marketing team work on for God knows how long.

As the leading company in resorts, hotels, and cruises, Everett Resort Corporation is known for its luxurious hotels for the wealthy, but also for family-friendly cruises and hotels at affordable prices.

Mr. Everett had wanted us to come up with a plan that gains more customers for his new cruise line, geared as something for families to enjoy with both child and adult activities. As senior marketers we submitted our ideas anonymously, Mr. Everett would pick the best one, and the creator was eventually revealed.

Looking up at the screen I immediately knew whose work it was. Not because the proposal looked half-finished, or because there were an astounding amount of grammatical errors, but specifically because the idea itself was one that Brandon had pitched to me and I immediately shot down.

To promote the new cruise Brandon had decided that the marketing strategy should offer endless drinks at any hour for all those aboard, which would not only lose us money but ultimately end with drunk adults thousands of miles out in the middle of the ocean. Idiotic at best.

"Danielle did it," looking up into Brandon's dull green eyes, I glared at him. I knew that he was already on Mr. Everett's last straw, he had been called into that dungeon of an office more times than I could count. Brandon barely did any of his work, and made everyone else make up for it, but blaming me was a whole new low.

"What are you tal-"

"Ms. Carter, my office. Now." Mr. Everett said in an even, almost bored tone.

Fuck.