13. your little boyfriend

▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱

"Hey, what are you doing?" Jisung asked as he sat down at the lunch table beside Hyunjin, leaning over to see what he was working on and furrowed his eyebrows before letting out a small gasp, "are you drawing Innie?"

Hyunjin immediately closed his iPad, sitting up straight, "no, what the hell?"

And it was because of that weird moment that Jisung was paying more attention to Hyunjin. As they ate lunch, the others talking amongst themselves, and he spotted Hyunjin shaking and rolling his eyes at some of the things that Jeongin said, some of the comments that he had made that made the others chuckle.

It confused him. Beyond confused him. Jisung was certain he'd seen that Hyunjin was drawing the person he thought the older despised. Not only because of what he'd seen (which was only half a face and still pretty sketched out) but also because of the way Hyunjin had acted.

And even though it was only a sketch, Jisung was still nearly one hundred percent positive that the sketch he'd seen was of Jeongin. So the real question that Jisung was asking wasn't what the fuck? but was WHY the fuck?

So moral of the story is that Jisung paid extra attention to Hyunjin and the older didn't seem to notice. But Hyunjin did. He knew that Jisung was watching him at times, which was comical to him in a way, how he'd managed to confuse the younger, but he also decided after lunch he'd have to try to explain to the younger what he was doing before. So he stopped him after everyone else had left, "look, it wasn't whatever you're thinking."

Jisung raised a brow, "what would I be thinking?"

"I don't know," Hyunjin sighed, "knowing you, you'd tease me somehow for it."

Jisung nodded, "yeah okay that's fair.

Hyunjin hummed as he continued, "I took a photo of you guys, the four of you, a while ago and you guys were laughing about something and it was a nice picture that I wanted to try drawing because one of my assignments coming up is a drawing of people and I need the practice of drawing faces. Unfortunately Jeongin is a part of the photo and he's in the middle so I can't really cut him out or anything."

Jisung nodded, "I was just surprised that you were drawing Innie at all you know. I didn't think anything of it."

Hyunjin sighed, "I just realized it may have looked strange. Didn't want you to think I was warming up to him or something."

The younger chuckled, "trust me, I didn't think so. I think you'll hate each other forever unfortunately."

Hyunjin shrugged before nodding, "yeah maybe."

"You don't think you'll ever end up being friends?" Jisung asked with a pout.

Hyunjin didn't reply immediately, but shook his head in the end, "no I don't see that happening."

"That's a shame," the younger replied and dropped the conversation then.

Hyunjin kept quiet, unsure of what to say. He could tell that Jisung didn't like the fact that he didn't see himself and Jeongin ever getting along with Jeongin. He knew that all of his friends hated that they couldn't get along.

But he really couldn't help it. Jeongin was just...easy to argue with. It was easy to get a reaction from the younger and Hyunjin had always been amused at just how easy it was to get a reaction from Jeongin.

▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱

Jeongin yawned as he made his way out of the school, having not gotten decent sleep the night before. And as he rounded a corner, he nearly ran into someone, stopping his apology half way through because he noticed who it was, as well as the other saying, "sorry."