1. the final year

▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱

"Ninety eight?" Hyunjin frowned, he thought he didn't get any wrong on that test.

"Hundred percent," Jeongin bragged, placing his test in front of the olders face, "suck it, Hwang."

"So rude and for what?" Hyunjin sighed.

"Fun," Jeongin replied with a satisfied sigh, "first test of the year and I'm already winning."

"I'll catch up, don't worry," Hyunjin replied, "and then pass you as normal."

"Normal? I beat you last year and that was only training. Now is when the real battle starts," Jeongin said, "and look at that, I'm already winning."

"That's okay," Hyunjin replied, "be cocky, I'll pass you when you're not looking."

"You won't catch me with my guard down long enough to pass me," Jeongin replied, "I can promise you that."

"We'll see," Hyunjin replied as he stood after seeing other students getting up to leave.

"Senior year," Jeongin smiled as he followed behind the older, "the final year. Final battle. Good luck to me."

"Shame, thought you were going to wish me good luck," Hyunjin said with a teasing smile.

"No. I don't even need the good luck for myself," Jeongin replied before leaving Hyunjin behind and heading over to where their friends were for lunch.

"Hey Innie," Jisung greeted.

"Why hello," the younger replied as he sat down, "guess what."

"What?" Felix asked.

"You're supposed to guess," Jeongin chuckled as Hyunjin sat down on the other side of Seungmin.

"Too hard to guess," Seungmin shrugged, "could be so many things."

"I got a higher score than Hyunjin on the first test of the year. I'm in the lead," the youngest gloated.

"Not this again," Jisung sighed.

"Yes this again," Hyunjin replied, "I'll catch up to you, Yang. Just watch out."

"Okay buddy I'd like to see you try," Jeongin replied.

"Aw am I your buddy now?" Hyunjin teased.

"Never," the younger replied.

"Okay okay," Jisung interrupted, "anyway, what are you guys up to this weekend?"

"Going over to Chan's place," Seungmin replied.

"Aw going over to your boyfriends place?" Felix asked. He always loved to tease Seungmin about that one thing.

"Okay one, he's not my boyfriend and how many times do I have to tell you I used to have a thing for him, used to. Meaning, not anymore. And two, who are you to be teasing me? You're going over to Changbin's place this weekend I bet. So I won't have to deal with any of you." Seungmin replied.

Everyone else shared a look before Felix said, "you acorn, he's Chan's roommate?"

"Acorn! New nickname for Hyunjin has been unlocked," Jeongin cheered.

"Thanks, I think it's cute," the older responded.

"New nickname for Hyunjin has been lost," Jeongin sighed. Hyunjin snickered from the other side of Seungmin.

"Anyway, I vote we all go over to Chan and Changbin's place this weekend," Jisung nodded.

"I'll let Bin know," Felix added as he pulled out his phone.