2. keep being dramatic

▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱

"Ugh, don't sit so close to me," Jeongin said, shifting further away from the older at the lunch table. They were the only to there in that moment and Hyunjin wanted to mess with the younger.

"Get over it," Hyunjin replied.

"Shut up," the younger rolled his eyes.

"What if I don't want to?" Hyunjin asked.

"I'll punch you in the face," Jeongin replied.

"Do it," Hyunjin taunted, "you'll get valedictorian that way for sure."

"God I hate you," the younger groaned in frustration.

Hyunjin then smiled, he always had fun teasing the younger. He liked irritating him. Like it was a hobby of his. Though when their other friends came to sit down, Hyunjin moved away to let Seungmin, once again, sit in between them. They always sat in the same spoty like it was assigned seating.

"Hey, so Chan says he has nothing to do this weekend so we can go over if we want to," Seungmin informed.

"Yeah," Jisung nodded, "why not? I'll bring Minho."

"Okay cool," Felix nodded, "I was going over there anyway."

"I'm in," Jeongin nodded.

"I'm in too," Hyunjin agreed.

"I'm out," Jeongin shook his head.

"Oh come on," Hyunjin scoffed, "you're going to let me get in the way of you hanging out with our friends?"

"No," Jeongin replied, "I'm going. I was joking."

"Yeah, like you have time to joke," Hyunjin rolled his eyes.

"I have a sense of fucking humor you ass," the youngest scoffed.

"Sure you do," Hyunjin nodded.

"You fucking asshole," Jeongin muttered to himself.

"Okay, anyway," Seungmin decided to dismiss the arguing.

They started talking about other things and Jeongin decided to stay out of the conversation, studying his notes instead. It's not that he didn't want to be a part of the conversation, he just really didn't want to have to listen to Hyunjin's voice anymore. He was so incredibly infuriating.

He knew it didn't make sense. That he and Hyunjin stayed in the same friend group and were constantly around one another. He knew that people often thought he and Hyunjin were friends because of that, but they were wrong. Jeongin only tolerated Hyunjin because he was friends with people who also happened to be friends with Hyunjin. It was a coincidence. He didn't even knew that Jisung, Felix, and Seungmin were friends with Hyunjin until a couple days after he had met Hyunjin and they had already started their rivalry by then.

Jeongin knew, in the back of his mind, that in a different universe, or maybe just at a different time, he and Hyunjin could have been friends. But he didn't want to think about that possibility. He didn't want that for them. He wanted to stay rivals. And rivals we will stay. He was convinced of that fact. And he had always been stubborn.

When lunch ended, like routine, the group of five split up to go back to their classes. And Hyunjin and Jeongin ended up walking somewhat beside one another since they did have the same class and so they walked the same way to said class. the younger of the two was focused on his notes still when Hyunjin mumbled, "oh, watch out."

"What?" Jeongin asked, confused, looking up at the other.

And right in that moment, the younger tripped over someone's leg. They were sitting against the wall and were half asleep. Jeongin cursed and apologized to the guy that he woke up as he collected the things he dropped and continued his walk to class, glaring at Hyunjin who was lightly chuckling as he walked away. The younger muttered, "you fucking bitch."