Mate - Part 2

The three of them were in the med bay. Loki and Bryndis sat facing each other while Wanda just sat near them both. Loki raised his hands to her temple. "Ready?"

Bryndis put her fingertips to his temple and nodded her head. Both closed their eyes.

They were in a long white hallway surrounded by doors. Bryndis held his hand as they walked together. Some of the doors were already open meaning those memories were released. Loki went to a closed one and looked back at Bryndis. She nodded her head as they both reached for the doorknob. The door opened and they both saw the memory. They were in the gardens reading. Loki looked down at Bryndis, his hand playing with her hair and smiled at her. Bryndis sat up and caressed his cheek. Loki reached for her and kissed her. Their first kiss.

Bryndis stepped back and took Loki down to another door. Soon all the doors were opening one by one. She had to pause to gather her strength. The feelings were overwhelming. She witnessed the first time they made love, when they both got their mark. It appeared after they were done. In the memory, Loki explained to her what it meant. Another memory was when he showed her how he was actually a frost giant and not Asgardian. Frost Giants mark their mates and that was why they both received their marks.

They witnessed their first dance, the first time they told each other they loved each other. Loki witnessed Bryndis telling her friend, Tove, all about Loki. He stiffened when he saw that memory but Bryndis didn't notice. Other childhood memories surfaced. The last door they opened was the day she disappeared. He noticed how she willingly left Vanaheim, left him. He couldn't understand why. It just showed his mother touching her forehead and then pushing her through.

Right when they were about to break the connection a red door appeared. It was surrounded with thorns and locks. They both looked at each other in confusion. Bryndis reached for it, then jumped back as if she were burned. The feeling was overwhelming. Loki reached for the knob but she held him back and shook her head. Right when he was about to ask, she broke the connection.

They fell back in their chairs, breathing heavily.

"Why? Why didn't you let me help you with that door?" Loki asked.

Bryndis caught her breath. "It was too much. Too much sadness and pain. I don't want to know what's in there."

Loki was worried that memory might have been the murder. He shook his head. He refused to believe she killed General Njal. She was not a cold-blooded killer.

Wanda brought them both a drink of water. They told Wanda how most of her memories have returned. Both being exhausted, Loki carried her to her room.

"How is it you can carry me when I know we're both exhausted?" Bryndis asked.

He smiled at her. "First of all, I enjoy having you close." Bryndis snugged closer to him. "And secondly, I was just watching the memories, you had to watch and feel them. That, my dear, is why you are more tired than I." He put her down when they reached her bedroom.

"Will you stay with me?" Bryndis asked.

Loki kissed her forehead. "I will return. Just let me speak to Thor for a moment. I promise to return."

She nodded and walked into her room. He immediately went into Thor's room, walking in without knocking. He was getting ready for bed. "You look troubled brother. What happened?"

Loki sat in a chair near the window. "We just unlocked most of Bryndis' memories."

"That should be great news brother. We can take her back to Asgard and clear her name."

"Before I left her mind, there was another memory there, but she wouldn't let me see it. I worry that might be the murder." Loki explained.

"You believe her guilty?" Thor asked.