❝ ᴮᴼᴺᵁᔆ ᔆᵀᴼᴿᴵᴱᔆ ❞ ↷ ⋯ ✧・゚ᵎ

╭┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈╮Gaze at the vast field Endless and everlasting As my love for you╰┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈╯

Gaze at the vast field
Endless and everlasting
As my love for you
╰┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈╯

╭┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈╮Gaze at the vast field Endless and everlasting As my love for you╰┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈╯

☾⋆。˚ 𝙎𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚 𝙖𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙞𝙧 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙛𝙚𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙨 ˚。

Ranpo slowly removed his glasses, letting his arms fall to his sides. Both of them were completely exhausted. She turned to him, noticing he was already walking toward her.

"Another case flawlessly solved, I'll never get tired of seeing it all unfold," Ranpo's mood immediately lifted, not shying away from showing his enjoyment at hearing her praises.

"Nothing escapes the knowledge of the world's greatest detective!" She paused to think for a moment, having an inkling that there was at least one instance of something escaping him. Unbeknownst to the young woman, her pointer finger had naturally rested itself on her chin.

"Then... how come you couldn't tell that we liked each other? Remember how jealous you got because you thought I liked—"

"No! Don't remind me of that!" She raised her eyebrows, growing a teasing smirk across her lips. Ranpo calmed himself, keeping a small frown on his face. "Fine. I'll tell you what happened the day I confessed."

*

"Are you absolutely certain about this, Ranpo?" Director Fukuzawa questioned, observing the younger man's growing irritation.

"Yes! Get her away from me! We don't get along at all, she's annoying!" Ranpo's arms flailed in frustration before falling back onto his lap. Fukuzawa patiently waited for the detective to finish his tantrum before continuing the conversation.

"I beg to differ. From what I can see, you two are a great match."

"No way. When I'm with her, I can't focus sometimes. My heart beats rapidly, and it's hard to work. Especially when I don't know where she is, or when she's enjoying time without me—my heart aches. It's uncomfortable, and I don't like it!" The older man blinked several times, taken aback by Ranpo's candid revelation. The detective had never shown interest in romance—let alone ever had a crush, which meant he was oblivious to his true feelings. For someone as intelligent as Ranpo, it was surprising that he hadn't figured it out yet. The president assumed it was either due to his immense ego or just his obliviousness to common knowledge. As far as Fukuzawa could tell though, he was mixing up love with resentment.