➃ ❝ ᵀᴿᵁᔆᵀ ❞ ↷ ⋯ ✧・゚ᵎ

𓆩✩ ◛ °⋆𓆪     ╰┈➤ 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑾𝒐𝒓𝒍𝒅'𝒔 𝑮𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝑫𝒆𝒕𝒆𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒗𝒆 was letting me tag along to his assigned case this morning

𓆩✩ ◛ °⋆𓆪
╰┈➤ 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑾𝒐𝒓𝒍𝒅'𝒔 𝑮𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝑫𝒆𝒕𝒆𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒗𝒆 was letting me tag along to his assigned case this morning. I trailed closely behind him, intentionally avoiding walking side by side to evade being at the forefront of his attitude. His mood appeared far from pleasant, as he snapped at me and vented his complaints about various things.

In fact, he made it very clear this morning that he didn't really trust me—at all. I tried to get him to tell me why, but he was adamant about keeping his mouth shut on the matter.

I wasn't going to let this stop me though—he will learn to trust me, or I will die trying.

Silently plotting, I trailed behind the detective. Ranpo had become unusually quiet as well, but I refrained from starting a conversation in case it somehow further agitated him. It felt like I was walking on eggshells.

__ __

We stopped a taxi, and I let Ranpo push himself in first.

"We need to go to that big plaza near the water!" He demanded the driver to move, but the man sighed with an exasperated expression.

"I need more specific directions than that, newsboy." He blew out of his cigarette, talking in heavy accent. I decided this was another opportunity to show my dependability to Ranpo.

"Good evening driver, please excuse my companion here," I paused for a moment glancing at him and Ranpo, "Non posso fare a meno di notare il tuo accento, sei italiano?"

The taxi driver nodded and adjusted his mirror."Sì, lo sono," he replied.

"Ah, pensavo di sì!" I sat up in my seat, feeling excited to show off a little. Ranpo eyed me suspiciously, keeping his arms childishly crossed across his chest.

"Sai parlare la lingua?" The driver adjusted his mirror—looking at me through it.

"Sì, ho imparato a scuola. Ci potresti portare alla grande torre dell'orologio, a poche miglia da qui? È proprio all'angolo di Via Alma." The man sent me a hearty smile after hearing my request,

"Certamente! Qualsiasi cosa per una bella signora!"

I felt content with our conversation and turned to Ranpo, hoping for his approval. However, the young detective remained with his arms crossed, scowling as he spoke,

"What did you just say?"

"Nothing important. Oh but—I think I may have got us a discount."

Shortly after the taxi came to a halt, I swiftly opened the door and stepped out of the car. Ranpo followed, allowing me to take the lead this time.