➇ ❝ ᶜᴬᴿᴱ ❞ ↷ ⋯ ✧・゚ᵎ

𓆩✩ ◛ °⋆𓆪     ╰┈➤ 𝑾𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝑰 𝒕𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒅 𝒔𝒊𝒕𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒖𝒑—the jarring pain in my right shoulder flared up once more, reminding me of my injury

𓆩✩ ◛ °⋆𓆪
╰┈➤ 𝑾𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝑰 𝒕𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒅 𝒔𝒊𝒕𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒖𝒑—the jarring pain in my right shoulder flared up once more, reminding me of my injury. The bandage around it was tight and well done, but my concern heightened when I noticed I was dressed in fresh clothes.

My drowsiness gradually faded, and I found myself in an unfamiliar setting. The bed was incredibly soft, and the scent of freshly washed sheets filled the air. This was definitely not the agency's infirmary.

Where the hell am I?

Just then, a familiar face walked through the open door. He wasn't in his usual clothing, which made me almost not recognize him. But, he did look very handsome in his traditional attire.

"(Name)!" Ranpo rushed to my side again, taking my hands in his own. "You're awake, please lay back down or you'll reopen the wound." Gently, he pushed my body back onto the mattress. I was so taken back by his sudden personality change that I felt as though this couldn't have been real.

"Ranpo? Is that really you?" I stared at him with expectant eyes.

"What? Tch, who else could it possibly be? I thought he stabbed your shoulder, did you hit your head too?" When I heard those words I knew for certain that this was definitely Ranpo. Seeing him be his usual self made me laugh.

The joy was very short lived, because I finally remembered what transpired the day prior.

"Wait... Atsushi and Kyouka! What happened, are they okay?!" Again I tried to sit up, but Ranpo kept his hand holding me down.

"Relax (Name), the pair were returned safely to the agency. Yosano took good care of them." A sign of relief escaped my lips, and I closed my eyes to continue to rest for a little. Until something else sparked my mind.

"Ranpo... where am I right now.. and why are my clothes different?" I asked, noticing Ranpo's face turning red as he withdrew his hand, crossing his arms against his body.

"Jeez, I told you to calm down already! I didn't change your clothes, Yosano did! She also fixed the bandages. She hasn't healed you yet because I didn't let her; you were unconscious, so I was worried," he paused for a moment, looking back at me after he had calmed down, "and... you're at my house. I couldn't just leave you overnight at the agency, so I brought you here."

Once more, his words touched me deeply. I had no idea he cared for me this much, but it seems that all the time we spent together really did bring us closer. He must have noticed the look I was giving him because he started to revert to his usual self again. "You were really heavy, though. Do you know how hard it was to carry you here and get you on the bed?" he teased, trying to mask his earlier concern.

"Hey!" I lifted my left arm and made a fist, ready to cave his face in.

"Okay sorry sorry sorry!" I chuckled seeing his frightened response.

"Haha, that's what I thought. Plus you can't talk, you're heavy as hell too!" Ranpo just pouted, crossing his arms again and looking away from me.

"From now on, stay by my side, (Name), so something like this doesn't happen again." Normally, I would've been moved by his sincerity, but for some reason, I couldn't hold back the laughter that erupted from me. "Huh?! What's that for?!" He started to get mad at my reaction, his face becoming completely flushed.

His adorable attempt at being serious just made me find him even more endearing, and I couldn't help but laugh even harder. "I-I'm serious!" he stammered, clearly flustered by my reaction. "I don't want you to get hurt like that again!" Despite his frustration, I could see the genuine concern in his eyes, and it warmed my heart even more.

"Haaah—I think it's just so funny how you said my name with such a serious face. It used to be subordinate get me my ramune! But here you are acting like my mom. I guess I just can't get used to you saying it." I wiped the small tears of joy that formed at the corner of my eyes.

"It just felt weird referring to you as 'subordinate' while you're injured like this. You wanted me to call you by your name anyways and now you don't want me to, make up your mind!" I leaned closer to his face, knowing just the right way to tease him right now.

"Hey I never said I didn't like it." Ranpo stared at me with wide eyes, then shoved his hands at my face to push it away, mumbling something along the lines of 'shut up'.

It made me giggle again, and I removed his hands. I decided to tease him further, upon seeing his blushing face. "Hey you're awfully red, you're not starting to like me or anything are you?" Ranpo immediately turned to me, with the most offended face I had ever seen. He gritted his teeth, and stood up from sitting on the side of the bed.

"Okay it looks like you really did hit your head. You need to rest—so I'll leave you alone before you do anything else. Just call me if you need anything." His quick and annoyed response was exactly what I expected, and he left just as soon as he had finished talking.

It left me laughing softly to myself, staring out the silk curtains of his room.

╰┈➤ EDITED

• • •┊┊╰┈➤ EDITED ☾